Why Doesnt Tivo see TCM HD in searches and wishlist?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Jayboy3, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Jayboy3

Jayboy3 Member

Jan 2, 2010

Advertisements

TCM (Turner Classic Movies) is always a problem for me -- in all types of searches, from the box, from the Tivo website, from wishlists, TMC HD (high definition) results don't populate in the results. I can do a search and it will default to the regular, non-HD version of a TCM movie. I have to go to "View other showings" to see the same movie, at the same time, on the HD channel for TCM.

Happens on the My Tivo search from the website -- maybe you can try it. Search a common classic movie star and notice that only the non-HD TCM showings come back in the results.

And it happens in Wishlists. If I have a wishlist set to search for actor John Wayne or director Alfred Hitchcock, and I set it to HD only, it will find all the showings on any channel BUT TCM. And if I set the wishlist to find all showings, inlcuding non-HD, it will find the TCM showings. But the search results never find a TCM HD Result.

Does anyone have an idea why this is so? It's very frustrating particularly for Wishlists.

2. Jayboy3

Jayboy3 Member

Jan 2, 2010
    I think it does this with some other channels, too. There are certain channels that somehow produce only the non-HD version in the results (at first). If you set it to find non-HD, it finds both.

3. fred2

fred2 Member

Jan 20, 2006
    How "classic" are the movies? Could OLD movies not show up as HD?

4. Jayboy3

Jayboy3 Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Yeah, they're old. But available in HD for sure. (From TCM HD). But they don't show up in the search if you set it to only find HD. But they have the "HD" emblem when you go find them.

5. kokishin

kokishin Active Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

I just tried searching for two movies (on TCM), "Meet Me in Saint Louis" (reported in HD), and "Long, Long, Trailer". Both searches indicated the TCMHD channel.

I have the SD version of TCM unchecked and the HD version checked in the Roamio Channel List under Settings. Have you verified that this is set up correctly?