Why Doesn't Nero Vision Xtra Support Tivo Files?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by gamo62, Dec 18, 2010.

1. gamo62

gamo62 Member

Oct 12, 2002

Advertisements

I'm curious as to why Nero Vision Xtra in Nero 10 doesn't support TiVo files? I noticed that the new version of Roxio 2011 does, as well as VideoRedo.

You would thnink that a company who RELEASED Nero Liquid TV would support the file format. Any workaround here?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    What happens in your case? When you look for a file to work with, does Nero 10 "see" the Tivo files?

Years ago I used Nero 6 w/ Nero Vision 3 and in order to see the tivo files, I had to tell Nero Vision to look at *all files* under the file type drop down menu. But once I selected a tivo file, Nero Vision 3 worked with it just fine.

Through this forum, I had learned that later versions of Nero weren't working with tivo files at all, so I abandoned it for VideoReDo TV Suite. The only thing VRD lacks is the ability to create sub-menus for your DVDs.

As for why Roxio and VideoReDo support tivo files...
    I believe Roxio has a deal with TiVo (or vice versa). It's listed on TiVo's website.
    http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-software/index.html
    VideoReDo works with tivo files because one of the developers is a regular forum member here and he wanted to help us out. :cool:
    And increase his sales. :p

3. gamo62

gamo62 Member

Oct 12, 2002
    I've already invested money in Nero. Don't want to sapend another C-note on VideoReDo. Nero had Liquid TV a while back that WAS TIVO software. How hard would it be to put that codec in there.

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Do you have Desktop on your computer? I think you still need the TiVo DirectShow Source Filter that it installs before any other programs like Nero or VRD can read .TiVo files.

If that doesn't do it I would just use tivodecode to decrypt them into straight MPEG-2 files.

P.S. If you have a Premiere make sure that fast transfers are not enabled.