Why Doesn't D* Offer Premier w/HD Access Included?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by dasexton, Aug 30, 2007.

1. dasexton

dasexton New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Maybe a stupid question, because I know they can charge over the $99 fee to include HD. However, they already include free DVR service, but for those of us who already have free lifetime DVR, that add-on means nothing. If Premier included HD without the extra $ per month, I would upgrade my package. Better yet, if they would drop the mirroring fees, that would be an even better savings.

David

2. MisterEd

MisterEd Very Large Member

Jun 6, 2001
    TV Land
    Because then they would have to exceed the magic number of $100.00 for that product. If you're asking why they don't include it for $99.99 that's another story but with a pretty obvious answer. My guess is, sooner rather then later they will remove the DVR service from the Premier pkg. If you see most of their recent glossy pricing handout sheets and other marketing material they supply their dealers they don't mention DVR service as being included in Premier. Maybe they are trying to make people get used to not seeing "DVR service included." They don't want Premier to "break the $100 barrier" and the only way to do that on the next round of price increases would probably be to remove DVR service.

3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    DVR was dropped from Premier in mid July. If you had Premier before then, you are grandfathered with DVR included until you change base packages.

4. MisterEd

Jun 6, 2001
    TV Land
    That is interesting (I just checked DORIS) but it is still being given to virtually every customer who signs up for Premier package at no charge. In fact, the NFLST promo w/4 free months of Premier still states DVR SERVICE INCLUDED - and the promo ends 10/31).

5. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    They must have added it back, because it was dropped on July 12th.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=93306&highlight=premier

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=92058&highlight=premier

6. dasexton

dasexton New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Actually, when I spoke with the CSR the other night, she mentioned DVR service was no longer included unless you describe to the NFL package. I told here the web site still advertises DVR service as included and she said she was making a note because that is a mistake. Who knows?

David

7. MisterEd

Jun 6, 2001
    TV Land
    I deal with D* on a daily basis, and I can tell you with 100% certainty just about no one there has a clue as to what is going on from the "EC"s (entertainment consultants - don't call 'em CSR's!) right up to the VP's. Even their marketing literature is screwed up.