Why does my Roamio turn off or lose signal?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kad7777, Mar 17, 2021.

1. kad7777

kad7777 Member

Mar 20, 2008

Advertisements

I'm sure this has already been addressed. If so, just point me to the thread.
    My Roamio Plus or minis seem to shut off in 4 hours.
    If it's on the same station for more than three or four hours hours it shuts off.
    It'll ask if I want to continue at that time.
    My stand by is set to "OFF"
    Is it the software? Just curious.
    I'll leave my house and keep the TV on for my pets and most of the time when I return the TV has no signal and I have to hit "Live TV"
    If it is the software is there a way to stop it from shutting down?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Look in the Settings for power management and turn it off. Standby is separate setting.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    A Mini will go into screen saver mode after four hours with no remote activity. Power saver mode is for the host only. There is no control over the Mini.

4. WVZR1

WVZR1 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I've a Roamio + that occasionally would go into 'standby' - it's no where near where it could be considered a 'bump' of the 'GREEN' for standby initiation. Several months ago I replaced the HDD and also the coin CR2032 battery. Since that time I've had no issues. I certainly can't be sure but with all of the random Roamio issues being reported, if I had something that seemed 'unusual/random' the CR2032 replacement would be a 'DO IT'!!!

OP's Roamio issue seems very odd!!! Mini - 'are you there' - 'screen saver' is to be expected. Maybe OP is just mistaken as to which display is connected to Roamio/Mini.

5. kad7777

kad7777 Member

Mar 20, 2008

Advertisements

Thanks Joe. They should have programmed a way to set that.

6. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Yep, another stupid example of Tivo knowing what's 'best' for the customer. Just like not having a screen saver option instead of dumping to live TV.