why do I need a new TA and Cablecard for Spectrum (from TWC)?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by marklyn, Jun 2, 2018.

1. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin

Advertisements

I was on TWC legacy Triple Play Silver with 3 Premiums and 300Mbps internet and phone. Last bill was $213
    So I called today and they offered me Triple Play Gold with 6 Premiums, 200Mbps internet and phone for $151 + tax *estimated total $165.90.
    I did it because I can afford to lose the 100Mbps internet speed and I get what I have now plus 3 additional Premiums.
    I was told I would need to physically switch out my Cable Card and Tuning adapter that I use with my Tivo Roamio.
    Does anyone know why I have to switch them out and what does the new Tuning adapter look like?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sounds fishy.

3. samsauce29

samsauce29 Active Member TCF Club

Nov 30, 2007
    Erie, PA
    Agreed. I made the switch from Legacy TWC to Spectrum a few months ago. No cable cards or tuning adapters needed to change.

If you run into trouble, call the national cable card desk instead of the regular reps. Have had tremendous success with them over the past several years for all CC and TA issues.

4. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I just called the cable card people and they looked up my account and said my TA and CableCard would be fine, no switch out needed; however they did say I'd need to switch out the phone modem because that doesn't meet Spectrum specifications.