Why do I have to login to the TiVo app multiple times?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by gmin, May 10, 2020.

1. gmin

gmin New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    I use the TiVo Android app to schedule recordings every now and then.

Every secured app I have requires a login *once*. However the TiVo app will forget the login after a few days. Thus I enter my id and password again, and again, and again, and again...

It is very annoying that everytime I want to use it I have to login again. Why? Is someone gonna steal my phone and schedule unwanted recordings? Perish the thought...

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    SugarBowl, zyzzx and t1v0fan2004 like this.
  2. spiderpumpkin

spiderpumpkin Say no to Hydra!

Dec 1, 2017
    It has been doing that for years now.

cwerdna likes this.
  3. rpj22

rpj22 Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    SoCal
    At least "LastPass" fills in the credentials properly. That's more than it will do for some of my apps.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    The iOS app has also been doing this for years.

I got bit by this again today and of course, I hit the long standing problem of having to "set up streaming device" again which (as usual) fails with "There was a problem connecting to your streaming device..." Every single time this happens, the only "fix" is to reboot my TiVo Bolt+. But, I usually have to find a good time when nothing/nothing important is recording on my Bolt+.

5. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    And worse, every time I login, it wants me to select which tivo to look at. One of them's a mini which has no recordings of its own, and one of them hasn't been active for decades, but I still have to choose.

gmin likes this.
  6. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    north carolina
    The tivo android app was the only app i ever had on my phone that wanted to scan my eyes everytime opened it. I could never find where to disable that.

zyzzx likes this.
  7. gmin

gmin New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    I think what really annoys me about the multiple logins is that the TiVo app is my least sensitive and least valuable app... yet it is the most particular. Just store the dern login.

When I launch it, it should just open my main dvr.

kpeters59 likes this.
  8. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    They store the login but it seems like they have a bug or poor design decision that causes you to be logged out of the app frequently. And, it doesn't seem like they interested in fixing it/fixing it quickly.

zyzzx likes this.
  9. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    And LastPass is the ONLY thing that makes this stupid process bearable. Otherwise I would give up. I tend to use Slingbox for live streaming of TiVo because it actually WORKS, but I do have some recordings transferred onto a few of my mobile devices, so I really need to access the Android App.

10. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    And we can expect TiVo to NEVER fix this, considering the new CEO and how TiVo is just not what it was for a long time now.

cwerdna likes this.
  11. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    "your certificate has expired". Nothing else on my phone expires every time i go to log in