Why didn't my TiVo want to record @midnight last night?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Papageno, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005

Advertisements

I'm referring to the game/comedy show hosted by Chris Hardwick on Comedy Central. For some reason, even though this week's episodes are new ones, and I seem to have everything set up right in my OnePass (using a 2010 vintage TiVo Premiere), this week's episodes were not set to record (which I discovered only by sheer coincidence last night and had to set to record manually).

The only thing I can think of is that, since Labor Day, @midnight was showing at 11 PM because The Daily Show with Trevor Noah didn't start airing till last night (at 11 PM), so maybe it considered these re-runs somehow.

2. davidscarter

davidscarter Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    For some reason, as of the 3rd season of @Midnight (which started yesterday), it has an all new program listing in the guide. I had to create a new OnePass for the new version.

(I'm keeping the old OnePass around just in case it gets reinstated...)

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Perhaps related to the beginning of the new Daily Show? It acts like the old Daily Show as for recording also. Comedy Central must hate the TiVo for some reason.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Has it always been "At Midnight With Chris Hardwick"? For whatever reason, TMS has assigned it a new seriesId.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

Mine didn't get it either, and it's not even on as a repeat. :(

6. Papagenox

Papagenox Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Ah, thanks for the heads up on the new series ID. I guess I'll create a new OnePass.

7. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    You can stream that show on line: http://www.cc.com/shows/-midnight and I have found that Chrome with the uBlock extension removes the adds on most CC shows without any problems.

8. tim1724

tim1724 Active Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Rancho...
    Comedy Central has always been bad when it comes to guide data. Last week I missed the new South Park because it was flagged as a duplicate. I have no idea how that happened.

Thanks for the heads up on @Midnight, though. I hadn't noticed that yet.

9. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

Sep 29, 2015
    If it's of any consolation, it didn't just effect Tivo, my Fios Quantum DVR box didn't get it as well.