Why did it change channels?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by tase2, Aug 18, 2007.

1. tase2

tase2 Shy Guy

Sep 26, 2004
    Wallingford, CT
    Situation:

Watching Live TV channel 200 7:30 pm
    Nothing being recorded on other tuner

A 1/2 hour scheduled recording on channel 114 at 8 pm

No other recordings scheduled until 12:30 am

I run to the store. I come back and the Live TV channel 200 was changed to the channel/tuner being recorded. (114)

The other tuner was on channel 54 from a program recorded earlier in the day.

I'm sure I was given the "do you want to stay on this channel and cancel the scheduled recording" message.

My question is why?

Why would it need to change the channel/tuner when there was 1 tuner not being used at that time or scheduled to be used during that 30 minutes?

Is there a setting I need to change?

2. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    You sure that it didn't record a Suggestion at 8:00 also?

Anytime you are running out and expect to finish watching something just hit Record button. It's the only safe way.

3. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    If you don't want your TivoHD switching channels when you aren't around, then disable Tivo Suggestions under Settings.

4. tase2

tase2 Shy Guy

Sep 26, 2004
    Wallingford, CT
    I understand that. It was actually a baseball game in which I followed on the radio, so no biggie this time.

I have suggestions turned off. I just don't understand why it could not recorded on the tuner not being watched.

5. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    It has a 30 minute 'use' timer - if you don't do something with the remote for 30 minutes then the tuner is 'unused'. Based on the timeline you give, the unit probably considered BOTH tuners unused at 8PM and you had a 50% chance it would pick the one you'd be using - and it did.