Why can't you transfer Rocketboom? "Broadcast" flag?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Norm_bone, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Norm_bone

Norm_bone Lord of the Turkeys

Dec 4, 2001
    Ohio

Advertisements

Hello! My apologies if someone else has asked about this.

I started to get some episodes of Rocketboom. I had subscribed our larger Tivo, figuring that we could spare the space. When I went to transfer one of the episodes up to the other Tivo, I found out that they were all marked with a big "No" symbol, and could not be transferred due to copyright issues.

I realize that at some point, videoblogs copyright holders may find value in controlling this avenue of distribution, but why would this particular one be flagged that way? Since you can subscribe as many Tivos as you wish, what's the point? Is it an error, or just practice for when the subscriptions are being charged?

Thanks for your help!

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    most likely a test of the macrovison flag or else to turn of TTG (which also shuts down MRV) I can not imagine that rocketboom wants to keep their videoblog under wraps. Wish they would turn it off though

3. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Not sure why, but I've noticed that so far all TiVo programming served over the Internet has had the copying restriction.