Why am I being punished?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Big Deficit, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Oct 9, 2016 #1 of 16
    Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003

Advertisements

So TiVo, first you rewarded my long term (since early 2000) loyalty by neutering my HD and removing the only online features I use. Then you 'updated' it to a very buggy OS. In the great rovi changeover my HD ran out of data and stopped recording, I contacted you and you closed my report within minutes without doing a thing. I had to figure out on my own that 3 restarts were required. Now on top of several bugs I have found I find that when I search for a new program by name? All I see is the #best hair replacement crap And if I try to scroll down at anything faster than a snails pace? The list resets and I'm back at the top (hair replacement) again. I guess I'm not supposed to be allowed to record anything new with my old unprofitable to you hardware? I went 15+ years never needing to contact support for bugs or guide data to contacting them 6X in the past week. Once again, this crap is removing all regret I had missing out on last year's Romio deals. If this is supposed to coerce me to buying more of your overpriced with data hardware? The hardware it's pushing me to is cheap streaming boxes. I beta tested, I helped with in store demo's and I sold TiVo to everyone who would listen for years, to end up with this? To make matters worse, the guide data issues are even worse with my Premier.

2. Oct 9, 2016 #2 of 16
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Can you describe exactly what you are doing as I'm not seeing this on our 2 S3 OLED's and HD? I tried the following and seems to work correctly at least for ours.

Find Programs
    Search by Title
    All Programs
    Entered N

This took me to shows starting with N and then I was able to use Channel Up/Down to scroll up and down the list.

Scott

3. Oct 9, 2016 #3 of 16
    Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    NP and thanks.

I go to find programs > Search by title> Enter A and the list jumps to the very top which 20+ entries of # hair replacement "crap" (# is the first entry in the guide). The first time I tried B, it did go to top of the "b's" BUT when I tried to scroll up into the 'A's' I went too fast and the list reset to the top (# again) . The next time I tried 'B' or any other letter? Top of the list. If I attempt to scroll down even a little fast, it resets to the top . I tried one reboot and a connection to the mothership with no improvement. Unfortunately, football started recording and I didn't want to try another reboot right now. The jumping out of lists issue I've seen before. If I try to scroll too fast through my Premiere's now playing list on the HD, it will bump me back out to the HD's now playing. If I delete 3 items in suggestions in a row, same thing happens. I wonder if this is all connected. None of this existed before the HD was downgraded.

4. Luke M

Luke M Member

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm not seeing anything like that on my TivoHD. Everything works normally. Perhaps the guide data is corrupt on your system (just guessing).

5. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

You are using the standard TiVo remote? The Advance button will take you to the top of the list but you have to hit it twice (once to go to the bottom and then again to the top) so that doesn't sound like it could cause your issue.

Scott

6. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    After two reboots, I can use any letter but 'a', which takes me to the very top off the list. Also, the 'search' is strictly alphabetical, unlike my premier (and I think the HD n the past). It will not give me a result for a word found in a title, only if it's the first word of the title. I'm kind of over the whole thing at this point, it's just TV. I'll use the equipment till it dies, move on to streaming and maybe consider a DVR from FIOS, something I would have considered heresy just a few months ago. The priority list on my premier has reordered itself twice in the last couple of week and it refused to record the very first entry because of conflicts????? I'm tired of fighting with and having to keep track of my Tivo's like I was beta testing back in '01.

7. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    The search on the S3/HD always worked that way (alphabetical) which I preferred as it let me go through all the movies relatively easily looking for new ones every so often. On the Roamio, it's much harder to do this.

Scott

8. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I think wishlist searches are a better alternative to the search by title because they will find a show with the search pattern located anywhere in the title. Wishlist searches don't require you to record the results and you can select the shows you want manually.

9. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2006
    yeah, I'm really not impressed how they've neutered my Lifetime HD to the point of practically needing to be sitting in front of it to do anything. Paid for it, paid for Lifetime, honored the terms, and the new guys apparently have absolutely no respect for 15 year customers, and that, as they say, is just bad business.

10. egutwillig

egutwillig New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    I agree. They apparently do not live up to business commitments. I will not do further business with this company.

11. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Well, I'll keep using what i've paid for, but when I'd normally take advantage of things like this weeks sale, I think for now I won't be adding, expanding, replacing or buying any new products from TiVo until the dust settles, which may be a long, long time....

12. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I miss being able to download podcasts and have them integrated into the now playing list. I like not haveing many ads on the Tivo menus or pause screens anymore.

13. teasip

teasip Member

Aug 24, 2002
    I wish they'd list a Showcase so I could reset my quick disappear time bar.

14. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    At times the only way I can add trick codes is to hit the info button while watching a recording and scroll to the CC section and enter the trick code while on the CC section.

15. teasip

teasip Member

Aug 24, 2002
    I'll give that a shot as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

16. teasip

teasip Member

Aug 24, 2002
    That worked! Thanks!