Who's entering that TiVo Ambassador contest?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JustAllie, Dec 19, 2005.

1. JustAllie

JustAllie Number crunchin'

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    TiVo Ambassador contest

I don't really know how to make a video nor do I have the equipment, so I haven't entered. But they keep e-mailing me about it because I've referred a bunch of people -- I guess that meets their minimum requirements.

I wish the contest didn't require filmmaking skills. :eek: Then again, maybe that's the kind of marketing skills they want in a TiVo Ambassador! :D

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    yep, that and the time to do it. Since TiVo will want your time to do ambassador type stuff and most likely put you in showcases and so forth it was a logical requirement but it stopped me from trying as it should have since time to travel isa big factor for me.

3. JustAllie

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    I'm not really sure what the legal ramifications are, either... the lawyers here at work would want to scrutinize the contract, I'll bet.

4. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I'd like to be an Ambassador. I love TiVo. But I am finishing up college so I feel that they should go with someone with more ambassadorial experience. Although, I wouldn't mind interning at TiVoWorld during the summer. (TiVoWorld....think about it...the next gen's Disney...interactive style ~ just remember who gave you the idea)

5. mikebridge

mikebridge Member

Sep 18, 2000
    Plainfield, IL
    got everything else but a video camera, so i guess i can't enter =/

6. TiVoJerry

TiVoJerry Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    I keep getting that email, too! I'm pretty sure TiVo employees can't apply..........hmmm, gonna have to go have a chat with Shanan now........

7. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    <sniff>

I don't have enough reward Points to particiapte. :(

8. jerobi

jerobi News/Deal Junkie

Sep 28, 2000
    Same deal. Lots of emails received. I think they're hoping for more entries. I sent some quick feedback that they might do better if they added some runner-up prizes.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but taking an hour to shoot and import and edit a video is a tought sell for the chance at a single prize. Not that I don't appreciate the offer, but that's what it comes down to for me.

9. TiVoShanan

TiVoShanan The TiVo Spokesgal

Jun 13, 2002
    San...
    I WISH TiVo employees could apply. ;)

I.
    Want.
    That.
    Car.

Hey--parking in San Fran would be soooo much easier.

10. JustAllie

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    Make me a 3-minute movie, write me a letter of recommendation, I'll win, and I'll give you the car but I'm keeping the cash. :p ;)

It is a cool-looking car!!!

11. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

No it wouldn't.
    I know for a fact that parking in San Francisco is a myth. ;)

I was behind a mini the other day and it really didn't seem that much smaller than my car.

12. JustAllie

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    But this is a special TiVo Mini. I think the amount of parking space that the TiVo Mini takes up depends on whether you're using it at Basic, Medium, High, or Best Quality. :D

13. SueAnn

SueAnn Minion

Oct 23, 2004
    St Charles,...
    <evil laugh> I've got a videocamera ... how much money is a movie starring TivoShanan and JustAllie worth?

14. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

But those compression artifacts are a real problem at basic or medium.

(pulls out wallet)

20... 40......

15. JustAllie

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    Man, tell me about it. I saw some guy try to park his car at Basic on a crowded street and this is what happened to his car. :eek:

[​IMG]

;)

16. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I keep getting these too. However I don't really have the motivation to shoot a video and bug someone to write me a letter of recommendation just for the chance to win. Plus I'm not sure I'd be able to get the time off work to fulfil my obligations even if by some fluke I did win.

Dan

17. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Well, I'm a loser with too much time, so I've got my video and my recommendation and I just have to write my essay and mail it in. I will be thrilled to get the money and car if I win but mortified to have my lame video end up on a TiVo showcase.

18. SueAnn

SueAnn Minion

Oct 23, 2004
    St Charles,...
    ;)

19. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

You should be the one to present the car to the winner. That would be really cool.

20. TiVoShanan

TiVoShanan The TiVo Spokesgal

Jun 13, 2002
    San...
    DEAL!

[Allie & Shanan huddle offline to talk more...]

:D

;)