Whoopi Goldberg joins the view

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by n548gxg, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Aug 1, 2007 #1 of 22
    n548gxg

n548gxg Member

Mar 7, 2003
    East Coast
    http://rapidshare.com/files/10797365/CFNM_scene-_Trevor_and_the_girls.part2.rar

Ughhh!

Well, The View just became your place to go if you want to hear someone impersonate Marlene Deitrich singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame." As the studio audience feigned a few chuckles and collectively thought, Marlene who?, Whoopi Goldberg busted out that comic move soon after being introduced as the new “moderator” for The View, replacing Rosie O’Donnell. Just writing that sentence nearly makes me want to — well, not cry, but laugh sarcastically. Goldberg’s anointment was no big surprise — though The View milked the announcement for 45 minutes, ushering Whoopi on in the final segment. But it reminds us how much O’Donnell has been missed on the show, and how recent substitute guests such as Goldberg and Joan Rivers have been so bland and blah. Goldberg has been coasting for years now on her decades-old reputation for being, as she herself put it, “edgy.” She said this, mind you, while reassuring her new boss Barbara Walters that she would only be “a little edgy” on this show. How deflating. Whenever Goldberg has guested on The View, she’s mustered up some O’Donnell-like sassy attitude, but unlike Rosie, there’s no content to Goldberg’s sass — she doesn’t make riotously funny or trenchant or provocative statements. Given the fact that Whoopi has spent her recent time hosting a radio show, it’s pretty obvious she views The View as a nice, easy gig. Whoopi officially starts the day after Labor Day, Barbara said. Meanwhile, the other shoe is waiting to drop — who’ll be the permanent replacement for the long-absent Star Jones seat? Given the safe choice of Whoopi, I have a feeling Walters — who sure as heck doesn’t want to go through the tumult she did with O’Donnell — will go with someone nice and bland, like frequent guest panelist Sherri Shepherd

2. Aug 1, 2007 #2 of 22
    JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Whoop Ti Do.

Hey, somebody had to say it. :)

3. Aug 1, 2007 #3 of 22
    SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Active Member

Dec 26, 2000
    I'd elaborate on my thoughts but when the premise of the thread is that she is not as good as and they wish Rosie was back... well, I'm not even going to bother.

4. Aug 1, 2007 #4 of 22
    marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Wake Up with Whoooop ie!

5. Aug 1, 2007 #5 of 22
    Werd2406

Werd2406 New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    I think its a good move. Is she Rosie? No, who is other than her. But ive been very impressed with her guest times hosting and thinks she can bring a nice dynamic to the show.

6. Aug 1, 2007 #6 of 22
    coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I really thought Sheri Shepard would be the new moderator. I agree that she will perhaps be the replacement to Star Jones.

7. Aug 1, 2007 #7 of 22
    Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    I am so glad I don't care about this show, because if I did, I'd be mad.

8. Aug 1, 2007 #8 of 22
    avery

avery New Member

May 29, 2006
    New York
    Sheri Shepard isn't as bland as one might think. She's made remarks (one in particular) that caused Barbara Walters' jaw to literally drop open.

I don't think Sheri Shepard or Whoopi Goldberg are particularly good choices in general. They've both been good as guest panelists but I don't see either as permanent replacements. If Shepard does get the last spot (which I've read is a strong possibility), there will be three comedians on the panel. Too many by two.

Meredith Viera's departure was a huge loss for them and set in motion the "great search for the next moderator". They've strayed too far from their original diversity - the Ling panel. (not the Matenopolis one)

9. Aug 1, 2007 #9 of 22
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I like her but I prefer Rosie.

I had no idea she has won an Oscar, Emmy, Tony and Grammy! WOW!

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Trading one raving lunatic for another. :rolleyes:

Nothing to see here. Move along.

11. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    +1

12. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    If I recall, Lisa Ling was pretty much unknown when she started on The View. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Is it completely impossible to find someone like this again? I mean, many people knew of Elisabeth from Survivor and her husband, maybe didn't know her views and stuff, but people were still aware of her. How difficult would that be to find someone like Lisa again? There's got to be some local tv station reporter who would do a good job!

13. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Or 1 hottie for another. They must really be trying to attract the male viewers. :rolleyes:

Frank

14. flyers088

flyers088 tcf junior member

Apr 18, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Woopie in HD??? Must NOT see TV!!!!

15. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I guess she was unknown to most, but I remembered her from her time on Channel One News several years ago.

16. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Losing Viera was the best thing that ever happened to them and it ruined the today show. Veira was a crude host and an awful moderator. I really didn't need to know if she and Richard did it last night. She looks just awful on the today show and she has NO chemistry with Matt at all. Katie was so good on today and is so awful on CBS news. The only show that got better was the view. Like her or hate her, Rosie made the show more interesting and considerably more diverse.

17. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    Come-on now, you know the Rosie haters are incapable of giving Rose her props. :p

18. Werd2406

Werd2406 New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    i disagree completely

19. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Chacon a son gout. (Each to his own)

This is why my cable has 150 channels, so I don't have to watch her. I just hate that it ruined my favorite morning show. I used to have a keep one SP for Today in case there was some interesting news. Now I only watch during the "Where in the World is Matt Lauer week".

20. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    That's where I first saw her. I was a teenager and thought wow she is so hot! She still is hot to. I wonder why she left this show. I usually saw the last minute or two waiting for the local news. I feel pity for the people who actually watch the other 58. :p