Who Will Get Arrested Development?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pawchikapawpaw, Dec 15, 2005.

Arrested Development:

1. will become ABC's new Season 1 Desperate Housewife.

9.8%
  2. Showtime's new non-gay series. Except there's Tobias Funke.

25.2%
  3. HBO's award winning comedy series. And we'll have to wait a year or so in between seasons.

7.7%
  4. Bravo's new non-gay series. Except there's Tobias Funke.

1.4%
  5. Fox will pull their heads out of their bums, and cancel Celebrity on Ice instead.

2.8%
  6. Sorry, it won't be picked up. (Please don't hit me.)

53.1%
  1. pawchikapawpaw

pawchikapawpaw New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Houston

Advertisements

With tons of news stories coming out about AD being picked up by a network other than the idiotic, dumbass Fox, who do you think will eventually get the show?

*poll to follow*

This isn't really a voting site on which network you want to pick up AD, but the most likely network who will save this show. Let's see if you call it WHEN the show gets picked up (poll is transparent).

okay, poll's up. whoever wins gets bragging rights.

2. TiVo Mel

TiVo Mel King of TiVo Nation

Jun 20, 2005
    Vegas?
    HBO should definitely pick it up. Imagine how great it would be without censorship!

3. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'd like to see Showtime get it. I honestly don't think it would do much better on ABC than Fox, as ABC doesn't promote their shows well either.

4. pawchikapawpaw

Aug 17, 2004
    Houston
    i dunno, it has that southpark-y feel, where the bleeping and the double entendres and the wink wink nudge nudge all adds to the funny moments*.

5. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK

Advertisements

Tobias is gay? Where are you getting that idea from?

I pesimistically assumed that negotiations will break down due to money and it won't get picked up.

6. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    I like AD, but I don't think anyone will pick it up. I think someone will pick up the reruns, but I think AD is done :(

7. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I don't thnk the show will get picked up but if it gets picked up I will follow it were ever. Hell I would pay 3.99 an episode on the PPV channels damn it. Showtime should pick it up they owe me big time for canceling dead like me, O5 and jerimiah.

8. 4inziksych

4inziksych New Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Am I the only one who is getting really sick of pollls and threads about who will or who should pick this show up? I love the show, but this is nuts.

9. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    Should we set up a poll asking if there are to many polls for this topic? :p

10. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    It would be a bad thing is ABC picks it up. This show can not be maintained on a broadcast channels. The ratings will never be good enough. Shotime and HBO, on the other hand, can keep shows around with lower ratings (Curb and Entourage only get about a million viewers a year yet they keep getting renewed.)

11. FourFourSeven

FourFourSeven New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    I don't know - give it a lead-in of Desperate Housewives for eight weeks, and you may get people hooked. Seinfeld had hideous ratings until it got put on Thursdays. I still think AD could snowball if it just got that little nudge in the right direction. And then, it could become a water cooler show.

(Yeah, I'm probably blinded by my love for the show...)

12. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    I really think you must be. I doubt even if ABC picks it up they'll have enough faith in it to put it next to any of their huge shows. I really hope that however it happens, we get lots and lots of new episodes.

13. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    I'm gonna start my own network and pick it up myself. AD will now be seen daily on DougTV.

14. ewolfr

ewolfr .

Feb 12, 2001
    SoCal
    I hope that one of the pay channels gets it. Any of the other networks will just neuter the show and it just won't be the same as on Fox.

15. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    "Who Will Get Arrested Development? "
    So far only the smart, unlazy viewers!

16. pawchikapawpaw

Aug 17, 2004
    Houston
    *bump*

17. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I think it would fit best on FX, but I don't know that it would succeed on FX. In order to succeed, I think it needs to be on HBO and be noticeably more raunchy. I don't think it would work on Showtime... but that may be because I have disliked every show they've had.

18. SammyTerry

SammyTerry Hero Squad

Apr 18, 2000
    Indy
    As I was watching NBC last night I thought it would be great if NBC would pick up AD, package it with Earl, the Office and Scrubs and have a no laugh track Thursday night.

19. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    This exactly what my wife and I discussed last night. It would truly bring back "Must See TV" to NBC. What perfect combination of shows.

20. Jason Hoover

Jason Hoover New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Kyle, TX
    While I don't normally stick up for FOX, and generally hate them for all the great shows they have cancelled, I must say that they really did an unfox like move by keep AD around as long as they did.

I would prefer for it to be picked up by ABC since I only have basic cable, but I doubt anyone will get it. :(