Who makes the R10? MFG?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mike62, Jul 31, 2007.

1. mike62

mike62 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I have had my DTV R10 for about a year or more now and just got a new SONY television and the remote can control the receiver but I am not sure who the actual mfg. is. I have looked all over and on the back but can't find out who it is.

Did Hughes, Phillips, or someone like that mfg. them for DTV? There is a Echostar and DISH option but not DTV.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    You would use the code for TIVO

It uses the same IR codes as any other TIVO

3. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    There should be an option for Directv.

If not, the Tivo codes would also work.

4. mike62

mike62 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I reached SONY and can you believe they do not have a code for Direct TV or TiVo? They have all the major mfg's and DISH, Echostar, etc. but not Direct.

Whats up with that I wonder.

Thanks for your suggestions. TiVo was a good thought but no codes for that either. I have a 50E2000 50" HDTV but apparently its SONY period not just a specific model.

5. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    When I got my 50" HDTV I tried programming the remote to control all my Devices. It controlled the TV, DVD Player, Home Theater System just fine, but could not control the R15 unit I had. I switched out that unit for my DSR6000 (Older Series 1) and the remote controls it no problems.

I feel your pain my Friend.

6. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    You could try Philips VCR codes.

The R10 is manufactured by a contract manufacturer for TiVo and DirecTV. Officially, the brand is DirecTV.