Whitney "2 Broke-up Guys" OAD 11/3/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Nov 3, 2011.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Drunk Alex was hilarious but the rest of the episode was so-so. I like how the show title calls out to Whitney's other show.

2. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Oh my. Yes. Drunk Alex was great. I laughed out loud when he slid his hand under the pillow case. I was laughing so hard I was crying. :up::up:

3. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    This show is such a mixed bag for me. I love the stuff with Whitney and Alex and I look forward to the show each week, but all of the other characters are weak. Any scene with the friends is usually dull and not funny.

In this episode, I spent the first half wondering why I like this show, because it was not funny at all. Then the Drunk Alex scene was gut-busting hilarious, and the second half of the episode was much better. I wish they would just lose or re-cast the friends.

4. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    I could do without the cop friend and the blonde girl. The other couple is fine.

Someone should tell Whitney "use your inside voice!"

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Someone should tell Whitney that she shouldn't be trying to suppress a laugh so often. Reminds me of how Jerry was by far and away the worst actor of the ensemble on Seinfeld.

6. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm glad they focused on some turmoil/relationship other than Alex and Whitney's, for once. That was getting old.

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Yeah, and that worked out soooo badly for Jerry.... :p ;)

8. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    This is getting to be my most favorite sitcom currently on TV. Right up there with Big Bang Theory, The League and The Office.