White wire connected to motherboard

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by A J Ricaud, Nov 27, 2020.

1. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...

Advertisements

Does anybody know what this for? I accidentally disconnected it while replacing the hard drive. It looks like it's going to a circuit board antenna of some sort. I'm having no luck in re-connecting it and wonder if I even need it. The box seems to be working OK without it being hooked up.

Attached Files:

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Probably an antenna for the wireless card? If you're not using wireless, then it shouldn't affect you.

But you *should* be able to reconnect it.

p.s. Although I'm now wondering if that card also provides Bluetooth or other RF support for the BOLT, rather than just Wi-Fi.

3. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    Thanks. I'll try again.

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I just went through the same a few times w/ a laptop repair. It took some patience.

5. aspexil

aspexil Active Member

Oct 16, 2015

Advertisements

That looks like a WiFi module at the black and gray wires attached. I don't know what the white wire is for and don't have time to break open my Bolt. This will remind me to take photos of the Bolt next time I open it up.

And google found a photo here looks like it does attach to that module.

And a youtube video clearly shows the location of the white wire. It might be easier to reattach it to the module if you can remove the module from the Bolt. I only say this from having to reattach wires to a WiFi module in my desktop. I couldn't do it while it was in the housing but as soon as I took it out the wire easily clipped into place.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020