White Collar - "Where There's A Will" OAD 6/14/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Jun 16, 2011.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Some random thoughts:

I can't decide whether Peter really trusts Neal again or whether he's just acting to put Neal at ease so Neal won't be suspicious.

When they were deciphering the sundial clues, was Peter just eyeballing where he thought the sun would be coming from at those different times of year? I was a little confused about that.

I love the names that Neal and Mozzie have for each of their little scams. That's always a funny conversation when stuff like that comes up. I wonder if any of those names they use are real names for real scams run by real con artists.

How dumb was the kidnapper guy? He just shows up to give them the anklet and he thinks they're going to just let him leave and not chase him because he's got Savannah?

One of the brothers looked very familiar to me but I couldn't place him. There was nothing in IMDb yet when I looked. So I rewound to watch the credits and it was Chris Masterson, who played the oldest brother on "Malcolm in the Middle." I haven't thought about that show for years.

I was a little confused at the very end whether Neal actually got in touch with Mozzie or whether he was leaving a message. If Neal only left a message and Mozzie doesn't get it until after the fence is complete, that could really create some problems.

2. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    The funny part about the brothers is that they are brothers in real life.

Christopher Masterson is best known as Frances from "Malcolm in the Middle".

Danny Masterson is best known as Hyde from "That 70's Show".

Christopher Masterson also had a small recurring role as a mall employee on "That 70's Show".

3. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Wait, that was Danny Masterson too? I was fixing dinner during most of the parts with the brothers and wasn't paying a ton of attention, but I think I would have noticed Hyde. I'll have to go back and look when I get home tonight.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    No, he was using the sextant to calculate where the sun would be.

Which still doesn't make any sense, but hey, USA show, roll with it. ;)

5. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Yup, that was Hyde. Pause it and draw on an afro, muttonchops, and sunglasses. :D

6. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Yep, that was just smoke and mirrors. The sextant has no use in figuring out where the sun would be.

7. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yeah, I saw him holding the sextant, but it didn't appear that he was actually using it in any meaningful way. As you say, USA "blue sky" show, just sit back and enjoy!

8. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    They do that on Leverage too, and I've wondered the same thing.

9. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I realized it was the Masterson brothers. I think it's the first time I've seen the 2 of them do that on TV.

I'm having a harder time getting into this season. I think it's because I liked Neal being the good guy, while still dancing the line. Now, he's crossed the line, and is dancing along it. I liked him on the other side.

Yes, it is probably true to form, and what any real criminal would do. Still, makes me like his character less.

10. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    Can someone clear this up for me (and my family)... why is Neal still on the bracelet? I thought he was free and clear at the time that plane blew up. Did I miss an ep where they explained why he is back on a leash?

11. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    He's always on the leash. It's a condition of his being let out of prison. He is still technically serving his prison sentence. Until that is done, the leash stays on. It is only removed when he is doing something where it will give him away to the criminal element.

12. StacieH

StacieH betativowho??

Jan 2, 2009
    Between San...
    I immediately recognized both Mastersons, but couldn't remember what show Christopher was from. Took me a few minutes.

Did anyone else recognize Anna Chlumsky?

13. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Immediately. I also recognized her last year when she was on Covert Affairs for an episode.

14. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Funny thin about that. We're current on White Collar and catching up on Covert Affairs. We watched this episode of WC and that episode of CA on the same night. Didn't realize that was My Girl until I was looking at imdb to figure out the Mastersons and saw her name.