White Collar season pass not recording new 2011 episodes

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Thom, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Thom

Thom The Fatman's got his eye on you, kid

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.

Advertisements

On my DirecTiVo (HR10-250), new 2011 episodes are not being scheduled for recording.

I had to create a new season pass for them to auto-record.

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Both my TiVo and my DirecTV HR-21 picked up the SP. No telling why yours didn't?

You see posts like this often enough that you wonder why some get it and some don't.

3. JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004
    I have had a number of USA channel SPs go bad this year. See thread http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=458986

You want to go into your "To Do" list, scroll to the bottom, and look for any SPs that have "missing" in the channel. If so, you need to recreate them. For example, my "In Plain Sight" SP is currently bad and will have to be re-added.

jdg

4. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    This problem bit me too. Fortunately USA has enough repeats so it didn't pose a problem for me.

5. Jun 9, 2011 #5 of 10
    Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN

Advertisements

Bump! It happened AGAIN. I don't know what it is with this SP.

6. Jun 9, 2011 #6 of 10
    socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    No problems with my old season pass on my TivoHD...

7. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    So far, no problem here, BUT keep posting these, because you never know. I might get bit one of these days too.

Also, as a handy check, the following shows are starting on USA soon:

Burn Notice -- June 23, at 9/8 c
    Suits -- June 23, at 10/9 c
    Royal Pains -- June 29, at 9/8 c
    Necessary Roughness -- June 29, at 10/9c

I think Psych comes back in the fall.

Check your SPs. :)

8. Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Thanks for the start dates! I'll keep an eye on them.

9. Jul 4, 2011 #9 of 10
    Vodo

Vodo New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    TiVo (via DirecTV) recorded the season 3 premiere of White Collar and then nothing after that. I didn't realize it until it was too late to get episodes 2 and 3, so I had to buy them on Amazon. Not happy. Now I need to monitor Burn Notice to make sure I'm getting all of those, just in case there's a glitch with other USA Network programming. :-(

Now that I think about it, I was missing a huge chunk of White Collar, Season 2 (from earlier this year), but I thought it was because I ran out of drive space while on vacation and the episodes were deleted to make room for newer programming, but it may be that they just never recorded at all. After I purchased the entire season from Amazon to recoup what I'd lost, I remember being very surprised at how many episodes were missing. We tend to hoard White Collar, Psych and Burn Notice episodes because they run in short spurts and we don't want to not have any to watch during the long dry spells. I guess I'll have to pay better attention to what's recording on my Season Passes in the future so that I don't lose any more.

10. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    My TiVo HD Season Pass did not pick up the return of White Collar tonight.

Comcast changed the USA feed from east coast to west coast here a while back and possibly that was the problem. The channel ID changed from USAHD to USAHDP.

I removed the Season Pass and recreated it and everything is okay now.