White Collar 9/7/10 "Point Blank"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sep 7, 2010 #1 of 38
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

They killed Moz! The bastards!

Not that I'm too worried. It just so happens that our friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do. Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

2. Sep 8, 2010 #2 of 38
    TampaThunder

TampaThunder Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
    Yes, that was a stunner. Moz was (is?) my fave character. Now the bad guy shot the other guy (the Chinaman?) twice in the chest and he's all dead. He only shot Mozzie once in the chest so maybe Mozzie's just half dead? We can hope, can't we?

3. Sep 8, 2010 #3 of 38
    speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    He's not dead. He's too good of a supporting character to kill off.

Nice misdirection with it looking like Alex (Allison?) was going to pull a gun on Neal and that would be the season cliffhanger. Or Neal pointing the gun at the bad FBI agent. Mozzy getting shot was a lot better!.

Cheryl

4. Sep 8, 2010 #4 of 38
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I have to say, Paul Blackthorne makes a great evil bastard. I don't know why they don't let him have his accent. Nothing says "evil bastard" better than one of those evil bastard British accents.

:D

5. Sep 8, 2010 #5 of 38
    Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...

Advertisements

It's amazing how in one episode, actually, in a relatively small part of one episode they turned Fowler from the evil SOB we all wanted dead, to a patheric victim of the new SOB we all want dead. Just to be sure we really, really hate him, we get to see him kill Moz, then rob him.

My wife screamed (a little) when that happened. She likes the character very much.

His FBI con, forging the case, and especially the folder, was very fun. The old batman theme made us both laugh.

Peter knew that Neil could have run once he got the tracker off, but he didn't. He could have bided his time and gotten to Fowler at his leisure, but he didn't. It was like he almost wanted to be stopped. He really wants to "get" kate's murderer. I'm sure that Peter understands this. Kate is Neil's Achilles' heel, other than that, he isn't much of a threat, AND, he really helps close cases.

6. Sep 8, 2010 #6 of 38
    john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Fowler still killed someone in cold blood, possibly even an innocent person. He also withheld information for over a year that could have helped the FBI apprehend Kate and Mozzie's (attempted) killer.

I'm not sure what to make of Mozzie's condition. Getting shot in the chest like that should really be fatal, but it should also result in a lot of blood, which it obviously did not in Mozzie's case. But broadcast TV rarely shows that much blood. While I like Mozzie's character, I'm not sure I want to see him alive since it would probably be a lame explanation like he had something that deflected the bullet or happened to be wearing a vest or whatever.

7. Sep 8, 2010 #7 of 38
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I hope Mozzie was wearing his super Bat bullet deflecting Fruit Of The Loom undershirt. I really liked that character.

It was weird hearing Marsha Thomason's British accent during the "behind the scenes..." interlude.

8. Sep 8, 2010 #8 of 38
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, every time I see her on this show, I can't remember where I know her from. Then I look her up and I remember it was on Lost. Then she talks all American and stuff, and I forget again.

Well, OK, not EVERY time, but I've had to look her up about three times.

9. Sep 8, 2010 #9 of 38
    sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Mozzie cannot be dead. Can not. You hear me?!

10. gerbil42

gerbil42 New Member

Aug 26, 2003
    She was also in the early seasons of Las Vegas.

11. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I am going to guess it turns into some kind of set up to catch the killer and the mozzie scene was the culmination of the set up to catch the guy.. and he won't actually be injured...

I really liked Mozzie's character on the show.. so I am just assuming he has to be alive, or else!

12. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Mozzie is a parnoid character. It would be in character to learn he never leaves his house without wearing a bulletproof vest.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But I suspect a bullet that could penetrate a bullet-proof vest would be even harder to survive, wouldn't it? He was bleeding pretty good...

14. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Had we not seen them at the end freaking out and running frantically on the search for Mozzie, I might think this as well... Though I am sure Moz will come out of it alive.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Plus, he was bleeding pretty good...if it was all part of a plan, either it didn't go according to plan or the plan really sucked.

No, he got shot. He got shot bad. But he's only MOSTLY dead.

16. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I pretty much roll my eyes now when Neil does something better/faster/smoother/smarter/slicker/sneakier than anybody else in the universe but I like it when Mozzie does the same type of thing. Mozzie is cool. Neil isn't.

17. Thom

Thom The Fatman's got his eye on you, kid

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    I could see paranoid Mozzie not only wearing a bulletproof vest, but also wearing an outer vest that mimics blood loss.

If he really was shot, it was pretty high up on his chest, and in an urban area with good medical and emergency response.

18. mdsutherland

mdsutherland Act Accordingly

Feb 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    This is my thought as well. They set that up earlier in the season with all the procautions he took with other people.

19. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Unless Willie Garson REALLY wanted out of the show, I doubt the producers would kill off the Mozzie character like that.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Ask Ausiello today addresses the issue. Obviously, don't go if you don't want to know.