Which new shows will you watch?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by spartanstew, Dec 27, 2005.

Which shows look good?

1. Book of Daniel

28 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Courting Alex

17 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Crumbs

8 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Four Kings

33 vote(s)
    48.5%
  5. In Justice

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. Love Monkey

26 vote(s)
    38.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas

Advertisements

I had to limit the poll to 6, but so far which new shows coming up in January will you be watching? Why?

If a show you're going to watch is not in the poll, mention it.

You can select more than one answer.

2. ireland967

ireland967 Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Chicago
    Love Monkey was the only one I've seen previews for. I like the actor from his stint as Ed, so it will get a shot. For any others, I'll wait to hear positive reviews.

3. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    We'll check out Book of Daniel because both my wife and I thought it looked like an interesting concept. We'll check out Love Monkey, because of Thomas Cavanaugh. And one that you didn't list, Emily's Reasons Why Not, because of Heather Graham.

4. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Whichever one has Heather Graham in it.

5. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK

Advertisements

I didn't recognize Courting Alex under its new name, so count me in to at least check out the first episode too. Ditto on Love Monkey, Book of Daniel and Emily's Reasons Why Not.

I'm going to check them all out though, but those 4 sound the most promising.

6. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Where's the option for "What? Huh? New shows?" (I'm behind on my EW reading.)

7. lambertman

lambertman Still not Bertman

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    I'll give Heather Graham's show a look (Lambert's Reasons Why should be obvious :) ), but with the returning Scrubs, The Shield, 24 and Monk, I'll be too busy to pick up anything new!

8. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! WTF. The Book of Daniel hasn't even premiered yet, and already the network has cut the order back to eight episodes? Talk about a quick trigger. Sheesh!

9. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    "The Book of Daniel" has been condemned by the American Family Ass-ocition:

http://www.afa.net/petitions/issuedetail.asp?id=175

But, until the PTC condemns it by filing complaints with their friends at the FCC, we will not be sure if the show has any merits till it actually gets broadcast.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Emily's Reasons Why Not is definitely the #1 new show that I'm interested in. (Not only is Heather Graham hot, but I thought she did a very good job with comedy on Scrubs...)

11. Dweller

Dweller Active Member

Aug 29, 2001
    That was nice of them to offer a form I could use to send a letter asking NBC to disregard the AFA in matters concerning new programs.

As for the OP. I am looking forward to 4 kings, and will be checking out Book of Daniel and Emily's Reasons Why Not.

Off to check to see if they are in the guide yet.

12. Jotas

Jotas Got TV?

Mar 19, 2005
    flaVAtown
    Four Kings was my pick, close behind was book of Daniel. Should make for an interesting season.

13. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Definitely going to give Love Monkey a shot - I loved Ed, and I'd like to see Cavanagh get another show that he can entertain me with. I'm also going to check out Emily's Reasons Why Not - as someone else pointed out, Heather Graham is a babe (schwing!) and she did a great job with the comedy on Scrubs.

14. Ntombi

Ntombi New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Bostonian...
    I'll be checking out The Book of Daniel and Four Kings. Maybe Courting Alex and Love Monkey too.

What are Crumbs and In Justice??

15. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Another uncounted vote for Emily's Reasons Why Not.

16. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    They will all get a couple episoded from me. But the ones I am looking forward to are Four Kings and Book of Daniel. I love Heather Graham but the previews don't look that good. She was good on Scrubs but I think she had better writers. Never really liked Jenna Elfman.

17. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    In Justice is a drama about freeing wrongly convicted criminals starring Kyle MacLachlan.

Crumbs is a comedy about a crazy family starring Jane Curtin.

Both are on ABC.

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Dallas S.W.A.T. on A&E...because following around a S.W.A.T. team in a reality show sounds kind of interesting...as opposed to most shows on network TV, which basically sound uninteresting...

19. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Four Kings cuz of Seth Green
    Love Monkey cuz of Tom Cavanaugh
    ERWN cuz of Heather Graham

20. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    "The Book of Daniel"

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1472546

"TERRE HAUTE, Ind. Jan 5, 2006 — An Indiana television station is refusing to air a new NBC series that features Jesus Christ as a supporting character, citing complaints from viewers. "

Right on 'schedule' !