Which do you prefer... Top Or Bottom

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by TexasGrillChef, Jan 12, 2012.

Info Banner... Top or Bottom, or Choice

1. Top

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Bottom

37 vote(s)
    48.1%
  3. Give us the OPTION to choose top or bottom

31 vote(s)
    40.3%
  1. TexasGrillChef

TexasGrillChef New Member

Sep 15, 2006

Advertisements

With the new update... the Info Bar now appears on the bottom. This banner appears on the bottom when you push the info button, or change the channel.

So the age olde question... Top, Bottom, or shall we have a choice?

TGC

P.S. The reason I ask this... is when its on the bottom, it blocks closed captioning text. Which of course has the option to be turned on or turned off. The Banners have no option for anything. Because of that, turning on CC text, makes it unusuable when the banner is being displayed. Maybe... another suggestion, or solution would be that when CC text is turned on, CC Text would be forced to the top of the screen when banners are being displayed.

Either way... Something needs to change so that those of us who NEED CC text can continue to use it without being hampered by the banners!

The reason I didn't put that suggestion in the poll, was because in truth the vast majority of TiVo users don't use CC text. It required a federal law to FORCE networks, TV's, DVR's and other TV equipment to support CC text in the first place. Simply because the market share for those of us who NEED CC Text isn't large enough (for some corporations) to consider it as a feature if it weren't for the federal law. Thus the poll is about which would you prefer for the banner, top, bottom, or option.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    This is not the only approach that could work. The captions could be at the top when the Info Bar is on the screen. Since captions on/off are already an "option", that could avoid confusion of which ranks higher for priorities on-screen.

3. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    i was a top man but i like the way it is now

4. drknapp

drknapp Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I like the new way, but can understand having the option to change it if you don't like it.

5. caryrae73

caryrae73 New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Stillwater, MN

Advertisements

I like it on the bottom better but having the option would be best.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I prefer the bottom but I voted for the option.

7. oViTynoT

oViTynoT Obvious Forum Lurker

May 18, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Bottom is better for me.

8. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I will *always* choose the option to give the user a choice. Of course, sometimes it is not practical to give users the choice for everything, since it can greatly complicate programming. If there is no choice of location, I would vote for "bottom".

(This relates to only the HDUI, since that is where it changed. The original post doesn't mention that.)

9. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I prefer the bottom but captions should be repositioned out of the way when the banner is visible.

10. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Hunh, there is another website I frequent that had this exact same poll today.

:D

11. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    the update is just for premiere right? I should just call and buy oneeeeeeee.

12. lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    Which one did you choose? :)