Which Being Human are you watching?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Feb 22, 2011.

Which version of Being Human are you watching?

1. The original British BBC version (series 3)

21 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. The new American SyFy version (season 1)

29 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. I watch both

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  4. Neither. I have vampire/werewolf overload

28 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Now that the original British Being Human has started airing again on BBC America, which version are you watching? I'm watching both for now but I don't have as much interest in the American one yet. I like all three British characters more than I like their American counterparts.

2. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    I prefer the Brit. version. But I also like the HarryPotter books in Brit. speak.

3. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    US now, UK afterwards. I like the US version just enough so far that I don't want to force it to suffer in comparison until I get through the season.

4. Casual

Casual Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Im on episode 5 or 6 of season 3 of the Brit Version.

5. deandashl

deandashl New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I watch both.

The American version is starting to stray quite far from the Brit version. Which is good. Why do exactly the same?

I like the Brit version better. But the American version is pretty good, with potential.

The REALLY BAD remake is Skins. Brit version was quite good, the US version just doesn't work over here.

6. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am watching the US version now. And am enjoying it very much. I don't have bbc america so I can't watch the other.

7. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I gave up on the BBC series. I thought it derailed. I didn't check out the US version.

8. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    :up::up:
    altho I wonder if the American version will get as grittiy as the BBC show. I'm willing to wait & see.

9. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    I am planning on watching, but have a question: if I start watching the Brit version, which is further along, will it ruin stuff in the American version? Are they just the same episodes done with different actors, or is it just the same premise, but being done completely differently?

10. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    I like the US version a lot better, because I like the way the actors are playing the roles better, and I think they have a better chemistry. In the UK version, they just play the roles so overwraught and so melodramatic that none of the scenes have any grounding. The US version is played more low key, except when it doesn't need to be, making those scenes that more effective.

11. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I havent seen the British version but sounds like you'll be okay.

12. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I've seen every episode of both versions. I think I prefer the UK version more.

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    The US version is doing some things different, but so far has done a lot the same. Watching one version will definitely spoil the other version IMHO.

14. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I'm watching both concurrently.

Watch an ep or two of the latest BBC offering, the watch an ep or two of the US offering.

Honestly, I'm getting a little confused as to what storyline is going on in which incarnation.
    Keep expecting stuff to happen, but either already happened, or won't happen till later in the series.

I think I'm just about finished with the latest BBC version, am up to ep 5 of the current series, and am thinking they usually only do about 6 episodes.

ETA: looks like there are 8 this series, Series 3 BBC version.

phox

15. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    I just got into the US version. When the season is over I'll watch the UK one. Might be interesting to see the differences. Never really been into UK shows until people on here steered me towards The Misfits.

16. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Neither. I just canceled my SP for the US version. Just couldn't take the lousy acting anymore....ugh...

Might try the UK version....

17. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    +1

I'm certainly on Twilight overload. And that is from all the horrible acting and writing in the movies. I hope the books are a lot better, but it would be almost impossible for them not to be.

There is only just so much of my brain that I'm willing to turn off during a show. Most of these current ones require more than I'm going to allow. The laws of physics can bend a little but they are regularly completely shattered in these stories. And with little or no reward.

18. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Actually, Moonlight was the best....sad day when it was canceled. It was ahead of its time...

19. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I've got the US version sitting on the backup Tivo, I'm not sure I'll actually watch it. I love the UK version and was glad to see it pop up on the NP list.

20. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    The UK version?