Where's my "List" button?!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by blhirsch, Sep 11, 2007.

1. blhirsch

blhirsch Tivo-riffic!

Mar 1, 2003
    The single most frequently used button on my old DirecTivo is my "list" button that takes me directly to the Now Playing List from any screen (or embedded in the Now Playing List)

Is there some button I'm missing on the TivoHD remote that does this? And if not, can I get it somehow? Obviously I'll readjust if I have to, but I'd prefer not.

Until then, I guess I'll just keep pushing the "aspect" button and wonder why it doesn't do what I expect it to do. :)

2. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    I always just use the tivo-tivo shortcut to get to the NPL

3. JonC24

JonC24 Member

Jul 13, 2002
    Boston
    I liked to use it on my Sony Series 1 Tivo too, but it's not on the Tivo remotes. But, you can do the same thing by pressing the Tivo button twice.

4. bkane

bkane New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Eugene, OR
    You can use your old DirecTiVo remote on the TiVo HD and then you will be able to use the List button. It is my favorite button also and I could never live without it. I am using a DirecTiVo HR10 remote with my TiVo HD.

5. blhirsch

blhirsch Tivo-riffic!

Mar 1, 2003
    Ooooo. That's very nice. One extra button push isn't that bad. I just don't like having to push two separate buttons.

6. blhirsch

blhirsch Tivo-riffic!

Mar 1, 2003
    Interesting. I wonder what I'm giving up, but maybe nothing. I'll look at the two and see.

Eventually, however, I'd like to sell the DirecTivos and along with them go the remotes. Someone's gotta want a few upgraded, hacked DirecTivos with remotes.

7. jon01

jon01 Member

Jan 4, 2005
    long...
    i just use my harmony remote :)

8. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    ++

:up:

9. oldskoolboarder

oldskoolboarder New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    yeah, harmony has that button programmed.

Or if you have another programmable remote, take your Series 1 remote and program a key to duplicate the List button.

10. blhirsch

blhirsch Tivo-riffic!

Mar 1, 2003
    I think I need to get me a Harmony. Best of both worlds, no?

11. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    The Harmony 880 is one of the best home theater purchases I have ever made, and I've been through a helluva lot of remote controls.

12. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ

only thing better then the 880 I own is the 890- no need to actually point maintain line of sight till everything 'snaps to order'...

13. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Yes, I'd like the 890, bit out of my price range though for something that can be ruined if I spill a coke on it.

14. bkane

bkane New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Eugene, OR

You can buy a DirecTiVo remote from Weaknees and they are a bit cheaper than the Harmonys.

15. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Well, they also can't run your entire home theater system. It's hard to appreciate the benefit of having a single remote in your living room that actually runs everything painlessly without experiencing it for yourself.

16. bkane

bkane New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Eugene, OR
    Yeah. I know. I was a big fan of Harmony before they got bought by Logitech. Had a super early model that was awesome but didnt do everything. They are still awesome just haven't gotten a new one.

17. MisterUCLA

MisterUCLA Member

Mar 31, 2002
    I'm a Universal Remote guy. I love my MX-800.

Now I can't decide between an MX-850 and one of their MX-900 series.

They have me hooked!

18. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ

the wife did about have a stroke when I bought it-LOL

19. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Actually don't let that put you off. I got a bad button on my 880 right at the one year mark. Not only did Logitech technical support (real live human) offer to replace it, they sent me a brand new, sealed in the box, unit sent via Fedex.

Customer service doesn't get much better than that.

20. bkane

bkane New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Eugene, OR
    Wow. Thats pretty good. How long does the warranty last? Just that one year or more?