Where's my (hacked) on-screen clock?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Rick in LA, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Rick in LA

Rick in LA New Member

Aug 5, 2003
    I fully expected to discover multiple, outrage-laden threads here but search reveals nothing!

Last week I discovered my clock was missing (as it always is after a reboot or update) but the S-P-S-9-S sequence (during replay) won't recover it. Anyone know what gives?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    SPS-9-S still works for me.
    It's SPS-Pause-S that is the troublesome one. You have to find a "Pause Ad" before you are able to activate that one.

3. Rick in LA

Rick in LA New Member

Aug 5, 2003
    I'm unfamiliar with that sequence (AND the term "Pause Ad"). Is that an alternate route back to my clock?

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Are you sure you are playing a recorded show to do SPS-9-S?

5. Rick in LA

Rick in LA New Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Yep, positively keying that sequence in during replay of recorded material.

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    "Pause Ad" is when you press pause and you get a bar with an advertisement which you can then hide by pressing down arrow. The SPS-Pause-S makes it so play bar hides very quickly when using trick functions, and currently can only be activated after hiding a Pause Ad.

7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I can report that the code still works on my TivoHD's, even if I enter it while in Live TV.

1. Try doing a hard reboot (pull the plug) on the Tivo (assuming the last reboot was a soft one).
    2. Maybe a remote button isn't making contact. Do you have another Tivo remote you can try?

8. Rick in LA

Rick in LA New Member

Aug 5, 2003
    A second remote did the trick. Will now troubleshoot the remote (I suspect weak batteries). Thanks all for thinktanking this.