Where to sell used upgraded Tivos?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by garrettoomey, Nov 1, 2007.

1. garrettoomey

garrettoomey New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Mansfield, TX

Advertisements

I do not see a for sale forum on this board anywhere. Did I just overlook it? I am looking to sell my driectv tivos with large hd and network adapters. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. dtremain

dtremain New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    E-Bay.

3. garrettoomey

garrettoomey New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Mansfield, TX
    I searched ebay and could not find any 'hacked' Tivos. I am not sure if it is an ebay violation???

4. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Yes, it would be an Ebay violation among other things. If you want to sell your tivos legally, reimage them with clean, unhacked software, and let the buyer hack them if they wish.

5. montz

montz New Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Houston, TX

Advertisements

It shouldn't be an "ebay violation" if you delete all the content off of it before shipping. Hacking a TiVo (adding a large hard drive, at least) isn't technically illegal, it just voids your warranty.

6. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Adding a larger drive isn't "hacking" and is completely legal. Selling a tivo with copyrighted software included is illegal however, via ebay or otherwise. The OP stated he had network adapters included with "directivos" so some hacking HAD to have been necessary. This necessitates inclusion of the killhdinitrd hack, which is licensed exclusively to one of this forum's sponsors.

7. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    Craigslist.com dont care if you sell hacked TiVo..