Where to get a new mini?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by 2004raptor, Jul 30, 2016.

1. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA

Advertisements

I know the obvious Ebay/craigslist. Hoping to find a good condition mini (with lifetime) in the near future. I don't care if it's the older generation.

I want cheap so I guess the used market is the best. Any thoughts?

Edit - I guess the title is a little misleading. I mean "new" to me. Although I would certainly buy a brand new one if the price is right.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  2. chiguy50

chiguy50 U.S. Army (ret.)

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I think you are on the right track. IMHO a used Mini in excellent/very good condition from a reliable seller should be had in the $60 to $80 range. You can pay more, obviously (you can find them routinely in the Amazon Marketplace for under $100), but there are a number of recent eBay sales in that range.

FWIW, I purchased my Mini brand new from BestBuy two years ago for less than $80 including sales tax. I love a good bargain; best of luck!:)

3. i2k

i2k Member

Apr 2, 2008
    FWIW, any 'older' mini activated on a new account will get lifetime - at least in my experience.

4. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I find that items I put on my Amazon wish list often pop up with a large discount. The mini is $125 right now, I'll look and see if /when they discount it.

5. drhendrix

drhendrix Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Loveland, OH

Advertisements

I'm also looking for a good deal on a Mini 2. Google searches keep showing this site as a sponsored link. However, I can't find any verification that this is a legitimate vendor.

Has anyone heard of this place?

Thanks

6. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Looks shady to me. SlickDeals users agree.

Ebay/Craigslist is also somewhat risky since many could be cable company owned bricks. Always confirm the TSN before you buy.

For a cheap Mini, hold out for a Woot deal. I've gotten 5 for $70 each from them in the past couple of years.

7. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Finally pulled the trigger on a tv so I'll probably just have to order a mini off of amazon. Unless someone has any other ideas????

8. PaulMCO

PaulMCO New Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Treasure...
    I am looking for some Minis also (cheap) for our seldom used guest bedrooms. Certainly better than paying D* for these $7/month. Been hunting on e-bay for some deals but prices for used II's are going for around $100 plus shipping. Price on Amazon just went up $8 to$133. There are some vendors on e-bay selling new Mini IIs for around $123-125 (Free shipping)

9. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I went ahead and just got Best Buy to PM Amazon. It's not cheaper but I have a new tv for the bedroom coming in Friday so I figured I just needed to get one.