Where to find hours I have on Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bebw, Jan 7, 2006.

1. bebw

bebw Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Cincinnati

Advertisements

I can't figure out how many hours of programming I have on my Tivo. I bought it in 2000. I don't see it stated anywhere in papers it came with. Does anyone know where that information is?

2. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    What Series is that?

On a Series 2, it's under Messages & Settings/Account & System Information/System Information about 2/3 of the way down the first page.

3. bebw

bebw Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Cincinnati
    I found it. It says I have 32 hours of basic programming. At the time it was the higher of alternatives. I am comparing now they have 40 and 80 hour ones apparently. Mine is a Series 1 bought in Sept of 2000 Sony brand.

4. DocNo

DocNo Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Bristow, VA
    An even better screen is the default video recording quality screen. I don't think the menu has changed from the Series 1 to the Series 2. Here's where it is on my Series 2:

Messages and Settings/Settings/Recording/Recording Quality

Mine:

Best Quality 96 hrs, 49 min
    High Quality 155 hrs, 13 min
    Medium Quality 204 hrs, 31 min
    Basic Quality 340 hrs, 22 min

Obtained by swapping my original 40 Gb hard drive with a nice 300 Gb Seagate :) Check out the upgrade forums for how.

5. xnevergiveinx

xnevergiveinx New Member

Apr 5, 2004

Advertisements

if your trying to see how much usage of space your tivo currently has (like how many gigs have been used up in recorded shows), i open up tivo desktop, click pick recordings to transfer, then click the check box on each of the recordings (takes a while to do, unless you use down arrow and space bar) then it will tell you the amount of gigs that is selected.

i'm using up 159 gigs in my series 2

6. bebw

bebw Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Cincinnati
    Hi Nevergivein,
    I only have Series One so I don't have anything on my desktop.
    I was looking for total no of hours it holds, not what I have left. I couldn't remember since I bought it so long ago, Sept '00, it doesn't say in the booklet that came with it, not that I could find anyway. It also does not say it on the machine front or back, so therefore trying to figure out how to find out. I even called Tivo on the weekend and they had trouble telling me and finally gave me wrong amount. They said it was a 20 hour, whereby it turned out to be a 30 hour machine according to info on the menu I found with directions above. I told them I thought it was more than that but person stuck to their story. I wanted to know to compare to the reburbished Humax they had on sale with 80 hours, how many more hours that was from Tivo I had. So it would be going from 30 hour set to an 80 hours set, that is quite a difference.