Where is the screen-saver mode?!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jsidlosky, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jsidlosky

jsidlosky New Member

Oct 7, 2007

Advertisements

I just got this Tivo HD, and I love it, except my wife hit pause on the TV and left for a few hours leaving the image up on my 50" Pioneer 5070 plasma, NOT COOL!

The thing never went into screen-saver mode, and I don't see the option to enable it.

NOT COOL TIVO, NOT COOL AT ALL.

Is there a way to make it blank the screen after inactivity?

I'm going to have to kick on my Plasma's 3hour auto-shutoff if no IR codes sent to it.

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    TiVo's don't have a screen saver mode.

3. lastdeadcat

lastdeadcat 22 years in Alaska

Mar 14, 2005
    Duvall, WA
    After about 20 minutes on pause or on a menu screen TiVo defaults to live TV. You said she hit the pause on the "TV." did you mean the TV remote or TiVo remote. Some TVs have the ability to just freeze the current picture, that is not really a pause. It lets you see a still picture of what you are seeing on the screen. It goes ahead to the current place when you unfreeze (unpause) it. On some sets that can cause burn in.

4. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    They kind of do now with 9.1.
    But only when the Tivo is left on a channel with no signal - lot of good that does. The 'searching for signal' box that is displayed at the bottom of the screen starts moving around the screen after a period of time. I just noticed this a couple of days ago and haven't played with it yet to see how long it takes. Seems kind of pointless considering the circumstances like the OP's that could use a screen saver too.

I just checked it - it starts screen saver mode after 5 minutes

5. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse

Advertisements

Tivo does not go to live TV when a recording is paused. In live TV the buffer will eventually catch up to a pause and cause the buffer to start playing again, but that's not the same thing. and btw it's 15 minutes