Where is the Recently Deleted folder?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jboy, May 25, 2007.

1. jboy

jboy New Member

Sep 25, 2003

Advertisements

Hi,

I just upgraded from and S1 to a S3 and noticed that the s3 does not have a "Recently deleted" folder. It deletes items just fine, but they do not go to the recently deleted folder so there is no way to recover anything. Anyone know if this is a bug or a feature?

Thanks,

Jerry

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    The Recently Deleted folder did not exist in the original S3 software. It should download the latest software during one of your first few daily calls. The good news is that the shows you have deleted will appear in the Recently Deleted folder when it is finally created (assuming you did not record enough shows to overwrite them by then).

3. minckster

minckster New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Manhattan NYC
    If I remember correctly, the S3 originally shipped with a version of TiVo's software that did not have the recently deleted folder. Force a couple of connections to the TiVo service to force the box to update to the newest version of the software, which absolutely does have the recently deleted folder.

It's Messages & Settings -> Settings -> Phone & Network to force connections to the TiVo service. You're looking for the status to be something like, "Restart Pending", then restart the S3 at Messages & Settings -> Restart or Reset System. Updating the software may take an hour or more.

[ETA: That's what's called a "smeek" around here (or in all forums?), isn't it? Did I smeek LifeIsABeach, or he or she smeek me?]

4. jboy

jboy New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Thanks. Do you know what version of the software enables recently deleted?

5. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA

Advertisements

IIRC it is 8.1.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I guess you had simply heard about it, since the S1 doesn't have the recently deleted folder either..

7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    8.1 does not have a Recently Deleted,
    8.3 is the first S3 version that has a Recently Deleted

:up:

8. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    I think you're wrong on that... but, I've been know to be wrong too. Just ask my wife.

I had 8.1 and a "recently deleted" folder on my S3 and I currently have a brand new S3 and it shows 8.0 without a "Recently Deleted" folder.

9. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    hrm, could be.. now that I have it, the blonde cells may have taken over, I can't remember how far back it was that it showed up, I thought it was recently.