Where is Hulu Plus?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by falcon26, May 23, 2011.

1. falcon26

falcon26 Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Northern Ca
    I've seen and heard that Hulu Plus is now on the Tivo Premiere, yet its not showing up on mine. I have the 14.8 firmware but nothing is their. Am I missing something here??

2. rdodolak

rdodolak Member

Dec 17, 2008
    At least you have 14.8 as my DVR is still sitting at 14.7.

I read in one of the other threads were a member rebooted their TiVo and the Hulu Plus option then showed up.

3. falcon26

falcon26 Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Northern Ca
    Got it....I did have to reboot my tivo....watching Family Guy Star wars now..

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    That's on Hulu+ now? Is it in HD?

5. burjim

burjim New Member

May 22, 2009
    when did you got 14.8? coz i still have 14.7

6. sbq

sbq New Member

Feb 5, 2010
    if you're using SD menu's check under Showcases & Extras, that's where I found it.

7. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    I've got 14.8 and rebooted a couple of times now and I still don't have Hulu Plus anywhere. What gives?

8. webpagesby22

webpagesby22 New Member

May 24, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    You are better then me both of my tivos are on 14.7

9. falcon26

falcon26 Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Northern Ca
    Yes it was in HD. I got 14.8 about a week ago...I'm in the Bay Area..

10. sabixx

sabixx New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I had to reboot 4 times, and then it finally showed up,im not sure if it triggered it or helped or not. it took about 4-5 hours after I got the update.

11. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    There is no "Showcases & Extras" on the SD Menu. There is "Music, Photos, & Showcases," but that's not where Hulu Plus is. "Showcases & Extras" is on the HD Menu, but again, that's not where Hulu Plus is.

For Hulu Plus on the Premiere:

TiVo with HD menus: From TiVo Central go to Find TV, Movies, & Videos > Hulu Plus.

TiVo with SD menus: From TiVo Central go to Video On Demand > Hulu Plus.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1985#play

12. gtrogue

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    5 reboots, a power cycle, and 15 hours later and I still don't have Hulu Plus. Is there some additional thing on Tivo's end that needs to be switched before it shows up in the menus?

13. audioscience

audioscience OG Lurker

Feb 10, 2005
    New England
    Same thing happened to me.

I had 14.7, rebooted and then I had 14.8 but Hulu was not showing. Rebooted again and still not in the menu (HD).

I'm not dying for it so no biggie. I'll check again when I get home tonight to see if anything changed.

14. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    Same here. I got the 14.8 update last night. Rebooted 4 times after that, still wasn't seeing Hulu Plus. So I went to bed and have just tried another reboot. I'd report back but as y'all know, these boxes take like 10-15 minutes to reboot.

On another note, I went to hulu.com to register for my free month of Hulu Plus on my existing Hulu account. It asked for my credit card. And just this morning I got an email letting me know I was charged $7.99. So, is that free month for new Hulu Plus accounts only? I suppose I could create a new Hulu Plus account with a new email address, but then I'd lose my existing Hulu Plus queue, viewing history and other prefs, and it's not really worth the hassle to save $7.99. Just curious what's up with that and if I've done something wrong.

15. nexter

nexter New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    ya its only for new hulu+ accts, if you've already had a free trial via another source and/or already subscribe it won't let you use the premiere trial >.>

16. UConnHuskyTx

UConnHuskyTx New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Still on 14.7 so no Hulu+ yet. Still willing to wait through the weekend if necessary. On the positive side, I did activate my Hulu+ account and very happy to report I did get the 6 months. (I had bought the Amazon Gold Box special in April, and activating right away.) I got to check out Hulu+ on my Roku last night, and I did add a few shows on to my "subcriptions" page including Lost, Miami Vice, and the Time Tunnel. :D

17. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    Okay I figured as much. I had already subscribed to Hulu Plus when the iPad app came out, and I did also get 3 months free when I got a Hulu Plus capable Blu-Ray player. Seems Sony was able to negotiate for their customers to get 3 free months regardless if they were an existing Hulu Plus customer or not. TiVo had to settle on 1 month, but only for new Hulu Plus accounts. And 6 months but only if you're a brand new TiVo activation. <sigh>

18. gtrogue

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    I think the free month is for new Hulu accounts only. It's basically the same free month that everybody gets when they first sign up. You could probably get it again if you signed up with a new email address.

19. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    Gotcha. Well, I'm subscribed again but I can't check it out on TiVo because I don't have Hulu Plus showing up yet.

I've restarted 5 times, let the Premiere sit overnight, restarted again. I have 14.8 but no Hulu Plus. I just forced an update but still no Hulu Plus. I'd restart it again but each time I do so it takes a really long time and each time my heart skips a little.

One restart just now, it got stuck on the "Just a few minutes more" screen for like 30 minutes and I got REALLY nervous, eventually pulled the plug and then it came back up.

I think I'll just sit tight now and let Hulu Plus arrive when it's good and ready for me. All of this forced restarting and forced updating is bad for my health. :(