Where can I get older versions of desktop?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by weetoots, Sep 30, 2010.

1. weetoots

weetoots New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii

Advertisements

The new version of Desktop has Apples Bonjour hidden :mad: in it. Bonjour has caused many problem on my PC. The only way to delete Bonjour is to go to google and follow the direction.

I would like to step back a few versions.

Thanks

2. Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006
  3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Do you have a problem using Bonjour with Tivo Desktop, or do you have a general dislike having Bonjour on your computer?

If it's the former, you can just switch Tivo Desktop to use the Tivo Beacon service in the Tivo Server Properties under the network tab.

If it's the latter, I got nothing. If you're okay with losing some of the features of TD 2.8.1, then go for it.

4. ffitzgerald3

ffitzgerald3 New Member

Aug 17, 2007

Advertisements

Be careful about prior versions of Tivo Desktop. I found that although it will transfer it will not play the new Comcast digital cable HD films on TCM. I had to upgrade to the latest version to get them to play.

5. jmill

jmill New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Open TiVo Desktop 2.8.1 (latest version) and go to Services >> TiVo Server Properties >> Network. Check "TiVo Beacon" instead of "Bonjour for Windows".

Once you restart TiVo Desktop, you can safely delete Bonjour.