Where can I find Tivo Desktop 2.2 or 2.3?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by kls1891, Nov 20, 2007.

1. kls1891

kls1891 New Member

Oct 15, 2005

Advertisements

I'm trying to find Tivo Desktop 2.2 or 2.3. I had 2.2 installed and got a message pop up saying that 2.5 is available. I downloaded it and tried to install it. It said that previous versions must be removed first, so I removed 2.2. Then tried to rerun the 2.5 install and was told it was only compatible with XP and Vista. I still run 2000.

Would have been nice if it could have done that check before it told me to remove 2.2, right?

So now TivoDesktop-less and I'd really like to be able to play my mp3's through my Tivo again.

Any idea where I can find older versions? I've been looking all over the place and can't seem to find anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. jlac839

jlac839 New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    You are not the first to suffer from this. Tivo's installer should check for compatibility BEFORE uninstalling the previous version but it doesn't. Anyway, I have the installer for 2.3a and you are welcome to download it. PM me if you still need it and I'll work out a way of getting it to you.

3. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Do a search here first on various terms that might hit. Someone posted the old installers on their Comcrap home page. You might find the link in the search results.

4. pjhartman

pjhartman excitable boy

Jan 21, 2002
    Omaha, NE
    I have the 2.2 installer; PM if you need it.