When will TiVo fix the audio bug with Dolby?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tgenius, Aug 9, 2019.

1. tgenius

tgenius Member

Sep 14, 2006

Advertisements

Ever since Hydra was released, my Roamio has no audio when its turned on and I'm forced to go into audio and then switch from Dolby to PCM and back. This DID NOT happen in TE3. I've opened a ticket with TiVo and apparently others have reported it as well. Does anyone have a clue when this might be fixed? I feel like throwing this thing out the window. Reverting to TE3 (which was a TiVo suggesiton) is unacceptable to me as I would lose my recordings and then be nagged to no end to upgrade.

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Simply as a data point, I'm on TE3 on multiple boxes and I can't recall ever being nagged (by my TiVo box, that is) to move to TE4 (or it's so few times that I don't recall it).

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's too much work. A simple channel change should be enough. TE4 has a problem switching to PCM, but I never have an issue with DD.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I am on TE3 and never get any nags.

You can copy your shows (if not copy-protected) to computer before downgrading (actually upgrade) to TE3. Use KMTTG to copy the shows, and your passes.

TE4 is not mandatory for Tivo use, only for the VOX feature.

PSU_Sudzi and krkaufman like this.
  5. randyb359

randyb359 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009

Advertisements

I have TE4 and I have this problem with the audio also. The Bolt for some reason will not play though the Audio receiver so I have to use the optical out from the TV.

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Still on Roamio Pro here with TE3 and no nags to upgrade? TiVo indicated they aren't currently planning on forcing anyone with a retail TiVo to upgrade.

Scott

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  7. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    The issue may reside in your receiver's settings menu. I couldn't get TrueHD or DTS Master Audio until I fiddled with audio, input and HDMI settings.