WHDH-DT Boston (7, NBC ) Check your season passes!

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by LostCluster, Nov 9, 2009.

1. LostCluster

LostCluster Member

Feb 10, 2002

Advertisements

Heads up to to anybody with an antenna pointed at Boston... WHDH-STA (7-1/7-2, frequency 42) has been swapped with WHDH-DT (7-1/7-2, frequency 7), and furthermore the new WHDH-STA (on frequency 7) is running a nightlight loop directing people to the new WHDH-DT (on frequency 42) because WHDH's authority to use frequency 7 is about to go away.

Now, here's the confusing part. TiVo has yet to push a lineup update reflecting that WHDH-DT is on 42 and WHDH-STA is on 7... so they're still showing WHDH-STA on 42 and WHDH-DT on 7, and that's no longer correct.

Current workaround: Check in your Channel List to verify that "WHDH-STA" on frequency 42 is the station for all of your NBC (7-1) or ThisTV (7-2) Season Passes. Any season passes for "WHDH-DT" on frequency 7 will fail tonight, and record the loop of an announcer telling you that WHDH has moved to frequency 42.

Everybody understand?

2. dalesd

dalesd Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Massachusetts
    I set up new season passes for the same shows on WHDH-STA 7-1 (42). Should I delete my SP's for WHDH-DT 7-1 (7)?

3. LostCluster

LostCluster Member

Feb 10, 2002
    It's still an unclear situation as WHDH-STA now no longer exists, and there's no signal on frequency 7 anymore. However, TiVo still thinks frequency 42 is WHDH-STA, when it really is WHDH-DT.

Don't know if a "lineup change" is on the way or not. TiVo people, comment please?

4. LostCluster

LostCluster Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Bumping old thread with new info....

TiVo tonight pushed an update changing frequency 42 from being 7-1 WHDH-STA to its proper WHDH-DT callsign.... but that means all season passes for WHDH need to be redone.