1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's with the Guide?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by hybucket, Jul 9, 2018.

1. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Lots of earlier postings, but... CBS announced changes in its Monday proramming last Thursday, and it's STILL not reflected in the guide. How do they get their info...Pony Express?

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  2. CopRock

CopRock Member

Jul 13, 2014

Tivo uses the same crappy guide data that TV Guide uses [Rovi], very inaccurate in many ways, my cable system uses Gracenote which seems to be better, I never rely 100% on Tivo's guide and re-check it with my cable box's guide

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  3. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Say what you will about Comcast (and I say a LOT about Comcast), but their guide is far superior to TiVOs, at least for the listings. The UI is nowhere near as good as TiVO, but if it doesn't have the correct listings...I always check the Comcast guide to make sure.

CopRock likes this.
  4. CopRock

CopRock Member

Jul 13, 2014
    They probably Use Gracenote like my Spectrum.

5. tim1724

tim1724 Active Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2007
    Temple City, CA
    TiVo used to use Gracenote too. It was much better. But then Rovi bought TiVo, so of course that means TiVo had to start using Rovi guide data instead. It is slowly improving but it is still nowhere near as reliable as Gracenote.

CopRock likes this.