What's the diff?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by The_WRAiTH, Feb 16, 2011.

1. The_WRAiTH

The_WRAiTH New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Bridgeton, NJ

Advertisements

beside's the price and the HD size, what's the difference between the Premiere and premiere XL???? is it worth the extra money?

I have Verizon Fios, and was thinking of replacing the Verizon dvr with a tivo..... any issues using with fios?

2. johnd01

johnd01 Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Sacramento ca
    This answer may have changed in the last few months. If you feel ok about changing the disk drive you can get a 2 TB drive (twice the size of an XL) for less than $100.
    I have done that twice and it was very easy.

As for the sound, you better have a great ear, fantastic sound track and marvelous equipment to tell the difference if there is any.

3. The_WRAiTH

The_WRAiTH New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Bridgeton, NJ
    thank you everybody (except jmill)...

so it's just the THX sound then really... (HD replacement is no prob). I do have a 5.1 surround sound... but I'm sure the fios dvr dosen't have thx, and it's just fine... so I guess I really don't need the xl then...

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Don't worry about the THX part, it doesn't have anything to do with the sound output. It is only a certification that would apply if you were building a true THX home theater room.
    I'd be willing to bet that the Premier and Premiere XL hardware are the same except for the hard drive.