whats the deal with the 7.2.2 upgrade?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TivoGuy30, Apr 8, 2006.

1. TivoGuy30

TivoGuy30 New Member

Dec 2, 2004

Advertisements

have they started releasing it yet? my Tivo has spent over and hour last night downloading, and no upgrade. now it's taking a long time to download again. do the standalones always take this long to download guide data, seems how they can't download via a satellite?? Thanks

2. dtreese

dtreese New Member

May 6, 2005
    Are you using a phone line? It can take a while over the phone line, but broadband is pretty darn fast.

Also, when it does download the update, it doesn't restart until the next night. If it has downloaded the new software, you can force a restart and activate the update if you really want to.

3. TivoGuy30

TivoGuy30 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    I know.. I been forceing calls all day, and keep getting "call interupted" I'm using vonage and have tried to slow the modem down, and i have even tried the number 12122717103. it stay connected for a 10 or 15 mintues, before getting disconnected. hopefully it's downloading the update so i can use the linksysy usb 200m V 2 adapter, and enable hmo.

4. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    I was never succesfull connecting using Lingo (VOIP just like Vonage). I always got the call interupted message, even though it said it could see a dial tone. :confused:

Luckily, I was able to use the ,#401 trick for guided setup with my USB 200m V1 via broadband. (this was pre 7.2.1). That is obviously not going to help here. :(

Sounds like you're stuck between a rock and hard place.

Is this a new box? Have you ever gotten updates via VOIP before?

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

I don't understand...if you have VOIP, that suggests that you have a broadband connection.

If you have broadband, why are you trying to use a phone call to connect to TiVo?

6. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    Cause he has a USB200M ver 2. No support for that until 7.2.2, which he is not at yet.

7. naiLS1

naiLS1 New Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Just a suggestion that you might have already thought of, but here goes: do you know anybody with conventional telephone service? Take your Tivo to their place for a day. It might be a pain in the arse, but it'll be worth it to get the Tivo working on broadband.