What's a broken cachecard worth?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Pugwash, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Pugwash

Pugwash New Member

May 23, 2003
    Spalding'ish
    Just out of interest, I stuck my faulty cachecard on ebay. It caches but doesn't network. I figured someone might want it rather than me sticking it on a shelf for the next 10 years? :up: Someone's bid on it too! I guess TiVo isn't dead yet!
    I put a broken network print server on there once. The supplier replaced it and told me to bin the broken one, so I sold it! The buyer's feedback said he relished the opportunity to make it work. :confused:
    Next week I'm selling the contents of the kitchen bin I reckon!

2. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    I wonder if someone wants to buy it so they can then buy a new one from elsewhere and swap/refund. :(

Better keep note of serial numbers if you sell a working one people...

3. Pugwash

Pugwash New Member

May 23, 2003
    Spalding'ish
    I'll perhaps mark it with pen: "It's dead Jim"

4. Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    Its probably more likely someone wants to put a 400Gb drive in a Tivo and wants to use the Cachecard to avoid the slowdown in the menus but isn't bothered about Tivoweb or networking.

I presume you aren't selling it with any PC133 memory though (transferred to your new Cachecard I imagine) so they would have to buy that as well.

5. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Yo Ho TiVo!

Oct 17, 2001
    RG4,...
    I'm always amazed by the stuff I can get rid of on freecycle - greatful of course for the extra space - but amazed by what people will find a use for.

6. Pugwash

Pugwash New Member

May 23, 2003
    Spalding'ish
    That PC133 stuff is gold dust! I remember how much I had to pay to fill my old iBook. the cachecard is sold without.