What will come after "The Wire" on The 101/Audience?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JerryLBell, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JerryLBell

JerryLBell Active Member

May 3, 2002
    I've been watching the HBO series "The Wire" on Audience (the network formerly known as The 101 on DirecTV) and really, really enjoying it. Prior to that, I watched the HBO series "Oz" in the same time slot and really, really enjoyed that. This network also ran the great HBO series "Deadwood", though I didn't watch that as I'd already seen it. "The Wire" only has about a dozen more episodes to go before it's over. Does anybody have any idea what this network plans to run after "The Wire" is over? What other HBO or other premium network series are left? I know "Sopranos" has been sanitized and picked up by other networks, but would they run "Rome" or "Carnivale" or "Entourage" or "The Wire" or what? I hope it's something good that I haven't seen as this has been a great way to catch up on series I hadn't managed to view before. They run them commercial-free and in the original series order. Come to think of it, it seems like they ran the Star Trek series "Enterprise" this way and I enjoyed it vastly more than I had when I'd seen it (full of commercials) when it originally aired. Heck, maybe they'll run "Star Trek: Voyager" or "Babylon 5" or some other scifi series that hasn't really been repeated to death. Here's hoping!

2. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
  3. BK89

BK89 New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    I would love to see Rome in HD on the audience network. That would be awesome! Loving the Wire too (my second time watching it).

4. JerryLBell

JerryLBell Active Member

May 3, 2002
    "Weeds" sound like it would be interesting. I wonder if they would show a complete series when the series is still active though? Maybe "Big Love" or some other, already wrapped-up series?