What To Do-HR10

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by tmdlkwd, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. tmdlkwd

    tmdlkwd New Member

    Apr 16, 2004
    I just FINALLY purchased my 1st 42in plasma. W Built in tuners..
    Still waiting to hook it up

    I currently have 3 R10's, 1 series 2 DTIVO, and one stand alone.

    Now, I was wanting to get or upgrade to an H10.
    Good so far.
    Now, I am so confused on what to do. ( I should have taken advantage of the $200.00 b4). $@!

    I am now reading about the $400.00 + on this Unit. The entire lease vs buy issue. MPEG4 issue?

    I still do like having DTV, but I do not understand what there are doing right now or plan to?
    One of the main things that I have enjoyed or a must is the NFL Sunday Ticket

    Not sure, if it was not for that I may have already jumped?

    I can stilll get some local HD feeds with an antenna or at least I hope, still need to give it a try.

    Buy, lease, wait, comcast ?

    I can use the ' call retention " it has worked b4


  2. litzdog911

    litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

    Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    I read your message twice and I'm still not sure what question(s) you're asking :)

    There are lots of posts here debating the issues around "buy vs leasing" and "DirecTV vs. Cable" or waiting for the new MPEG4 DVR, so take the time to read them. Only you can decide if a new HR10-250 makes sense for you.
  3. Daytona24

    Daytona24 New Member

    Jun 7, 2005
    As litzdog stated your problem is not a new one, read around some of the other posts or do a search. The biggest problem with your question is that DTV dosnet seem to have the answers yet (or hasnt told anyone). You'll find that while some people may not be willing to give up TIVO or DTV, many are switching back to cable (at least for now). The good thing is, the choice is there, and its your's to make.

Share This Page