What software version of Directivo am I supposed to have?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Squonk, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Squonk

Squonk New Member

Jun 8, 2005

Advertisements

Right now my SD Directivo (R10) says the software is 6.1. I am not having any problems with my 250 gb R10 ( from Weaknees) so I am not complaining, but I keep reading about people having 6.3 and having rebooting problems. Am I supposed to have 6.1 or 6.3 and what is the difference? Should I be content that I do not have apparantly the latest upgrade if people are having problems?

2. old7

old7 That's all I know! TCF Club

Aug 7, 2002
    Medford, Oregon
    For DirecTiVos there are three current software versions.

For all R10 Tivos 6.1 is current.
    For all series II DirecTiVos (excluding the R10) 6.2 is current.
    For all HD DirecTiVos - the HR10-250 - 6.3b is current.

Your R10 has the most current software for it. It would not be compatiable with 6.2 or 6.3b.

3. Squonk

Squonk New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    OK thanks. Just wanted to make sure.

Oh, one more question--I have a Hughes DVR SD120 that I have kept active through Directv that has about 100 hours of programming on the hard drive but I haven't had it powered up and functioning for about 8 months since I got the R10 (I keep meaning to copy a bunch of the shows to a DVD recorder and am obviously way behind). Is there any danger of losing those programs on the hard drive simply because it is sitting there unplugged and not powered on? Is there any danger when I repower it up that I will lose anything if it undergoes a software upgrade or anything? I have some really good stuff I don't want to lose on that Hughes. Any help appreciated

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Hey, don't leave out us series 1 owners!
    That software is at 3.5.:)

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.

Advertisements

Unless something happened to the box, chances are very good the programs are still there and accessable .