What software did I buy for transfers?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Ekims, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Ekims

Ekims Don't care anymore

Oct 18, 2002
    Yeah, bout...
    Way back when TiVo started the HMO and such, they offered a piece of software for the PC that was supposed to allow you to pull shows off of your TiVo and prep them for iPods and I think take shows that are on your system and convert them to TiVo format for watching on TV. Am I even close? I paid for that software and have gone through umerous PC's since then. Is it something that is offered for free now or should I contact TiVo about re-supplying the software?

There is a slight chance that I am off my meds and I have no idea what I am talking about. :)

2. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Download TiVo Desktop for free for transfers between your TiVo and PC or Apple OS. The latest version is 2.5.

You have to pay an additional fee for conversion to the iPod using TiVo Desktop Plus.

3. Ekims

Ekims Don't care anymore

Oct 18, 2002
    Yeah, bout...

I paid for that a while back... Wonder how that is licensed?!?! Thank you for the quick reply...

4. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    If you saved the email you got with the Plus key in it, or wrote it down on paper, you can simply enter your existing plus key into the version you download and install now.