What should I do with my free "Dockers" TiVo I just got?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by RickStrobel, Jan 8, 2006.

1. RickStrobel

RickStrobel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2000

Advertisements

I recently received a new 40 hour Series 2 TiVo after purchasing $100 worth of Dockers at JCPenny's. It's still in the box. It also includes three months of free service. Here's my current setup:

47" HDTV
    Motorola DCT6412 from cable company
    Series 1 TiVo with extra drive (about 120 hours total I think) and Ethernet and Lifetime Sub.

I don't really need two TiVos and a DVR. Only need one TiVo. Was hoping I could get an HD TiVo soon but it looks like that will be a while still and I'm not going to go to DirecTV.

A few ideas:
    - upgrade the new box by replacing the stock drive with a really big one
    - apply the 3 month sub to lifetime
    - sell old box on ebay (looks like it would bring less than cost of lifetime sub)

Anyone got any creative ideas on how I can swap the boxes out?

2. ThreeSoFar

ThreeSoFar FourNow...WaitFive

May 24, 2002
    Baltimore
    Definitely upgrade and go lifetime.

Which one you sell then might be a toss-up.

Check "completed auctions" for lifetime'd TiVos. I thought they still ran more than $300, especially upgraded.

3. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    I still haven't recieved my Dockers Tivo and the there is no answer at the phone number on the form. When did you get your unit?

4. RickStrobel

RickStrobel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2000
    Yeah, I checked that. The best price for a Series 1 was about $275 and that was with upgraded drives and Turbonet. The Series 2 units went for more than $300.

What do by "which one to sell"? You mean Series 1 or Series 2? I only have one Series 1 and one (new in box) Series 2.

I got mine about three weeks ago.

5. Gregor

Gregor Wear Your Mask! TCF Club

Feb 18, 2002

Advertisements

I have a Dockers Tivo and I think it's going to live in my bedroom so I can do MRV. There is still a ton of SD programming and it'll be useful for that. I found a cheap Seagate HD to throw in it so I can grab some additional programs on it.

6. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    Well, It only took about 6 months, 10 e-mails and four phone calls to Levi's (Dockers parent Co.) but I Finally got my Tivo today! I guess that since I waited so long that my Tivo had time to multiply because they sent me a 80 hour unit instead of the 40 hour. If anyone else is having problems PM me and I'll get you to the right person.

7. CloudsBreak

CloudsBreak New Member

May 2, 2006
    I wouldnt mind havin a free dockers TiVo lol... how / where do you get one lol ? I need jeans ne way lol.

8. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    Sorry, this offer ended in September2005