What Is Up With Online Scheduling?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Royster, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Jan 6, 2008 #1 of 13
    Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

This is the third time in a month that I've found a program in the online scheduler, scheduled a SP and had the TiVo (and S3) tell me that it can;t find any shows matching the request. I go directly to Find Programs, type int eh show name and they show up. In the last month, it's happened with Hogfather, Tin Man and, now, Smash Lab.

2. Jan 7, 2008 #2 of 13
    xdroccax

xdroccax Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Similar problem happened to me over New Years. We"re out of town and i wanted to SP Apprentice on both our S2 and S3 (OTA) just in case the OTA didnt come through b/c of weather. Tivo was able to schedule the S3, but the S2 says it can't find it!

3. Jan 7, 2008 #3 of 13
    shane_pcs

shane_pcs New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Frisco, TX
    I had the problem just the other day with the American Gladiators. It took 3 of the 4 online schedule requests but that one said was not there. I like you found it easily on the guide.

4. Jan 7, 2008 #4 of 13
    Shawn95GT

Shawn95GT Tivo, in HD!

Oct 7, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I though maybe Discovery channel was going crazy. I saw all the promos but I couldn't find it by name.

That reminds me, I still need to schedule smash lab!

5. Jan 7, 2008 #5 of 13
    Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...

Advertisements

Happenned to me with Tin Man, too. Before I deleted it, the online Tin Man pass (showing no programs available) was sitting in my SPM right next to my non-online Tin Man SP (showing scheduled recordings). :confused:

6. Jan 7, 2008 #6 of 13
    GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    Just happened to me on Smash Lab too!

Plus, it showed me channels on my old lineup (just switched from Comcast to Fios), despite the fact that I scheduled something (Apprentice actually) from work and it showed me the new lineup.

7. Jan 7, 2008 #7 of 13
    ghken

ghken New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Same problem here. It had been a long time since I used online scheduling, but tried it this week for three programs on my S3. First one was successful, the other two were rejected because it couldn't find the shows in the guide data even though they were most definitely there. Luckily I got the email notification that it failed to schedule them so I was able to do it manually when I got home.

8. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Hi folks,

Tonight we identified and fixed an issue with TiVo Central Online's remote scheduling. (A problem with one of the data fields behind the scenes had developed over time.) Please give it another try and let us know if you still see any problems.

We apologize for the inconvenience and the issue. Thank you for your patience and for reporting the issue here.

Best regards,
    Stephen

9. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    Thanks Steven, good to see you around!

I just scheduled something from work, we'll see if I get the dreaded email and if it shows up at home.

10. funpilot2

funpilot2 New Member

Aug 5, 2007
    The last couple of weeks the Online Scheduling Guide has each show duplicated 4 times. This is very annoying and takes a great deal of time to page through. Here is an example:

Ancient Almanac "Leif Ericson: Voyages of a Viking" Viking Leif Ericson is thought to be the first European to land in America.
    Wed 2/13 4:00 PM
    Ancient Almanac "Leif Ericson: Voyages of a Viking" Viking Leif Ericson is thought to be the first European to land in America.
    History's Mysteries "Natural Mummies" Bodies are preserved in time by the environment.
    Wed 2/13 5:00 PM
    History's Mysteries "Natural Mummies" Bodies are preserved in time by the environment.
    Wed 2/13 5:00 PM [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

11. bobsoron

bobsoron Phasing out Tivo S2

Jan 24, 2002
    I went to tivo.com to schedule a recording today and it wouldn't let me. It kept telling me I don't have a Series 2. It knows the service number of my unit, so it must know it's a Series 2.

Beyond that, the online scheduling listings use a lineup that RCN Chicago phased out two weeks ago.

Any thoughts or ideas?

12. rsgesq

rsgesq New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    I scheduled a sporting event tonight that airs tomorrow afternoon. I got a message saying it might not record b/c it's less than 36 hrs b4 game time and my TiVo might not connect to the TiVo server in time.

1. Is there any way to force a connection to my S3HD unit remotely?
    2. Is there any way to check my to do list remotely so I know that the recording will happen?

I know I should connect w/ broadband instead of telephone line. I also know about requesting email notification that my unit connected and properly scheduled my game. I'd just like to try to make sure it happens and to know as early as possible that it will work. Otherwise I may need to find someplace to watch the game, and I can't stand to watch a live sporting event without my TiVo--who has time for all those commercials and time-outs?!!!

Thanks!

13. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    No and no. Unfortunately the email notification is the only way to know if a program was scheduled or not without having physical access to the TiVo.

Dan