What is the purpose of the A/V jack on the (old) Tivo Minis?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by red.panda, Feb 23, 2018.

1. red.panda

red.panda Member

Jan 7, 2017

Advertisements

Can you send just audio direct out of it? Have read around about this and am still sort of confused.

2. keenanSR

keenanSR Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The audio coming out the A/V connection is always 2ch PCM and may not be in sync with the HDMI audio.

I use it with wireless headphones frequently.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    The v1 and v2 mini's both have those ports. I wish they would put these on the Bolts & mini vox too. I've seen a few post on here where some have returned their Bolt's for this reason alone. My big screen Sony tv, in our bar room, only has component and an odd sort of dvi for HD inputs

5. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015

Advertisements

DVI carries the same signals as HDMI. A simple adapter should work fine for video at least.

6. philco782

philco782 Active Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Florida
    I can't speak for the Mini, but I also use wireless headphones, which I plug into the audio out RCA jacks on my Premiere, and I can't notice any audio/video sync issues, it seems to be in pretty good sync. This might depend on the TV set, as well, reading various TV reviews in the past, some of them incur a little bit of lag in the HDMI input, and setting it to some type of "game mode" reduces that latency.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The latency is very small, more of a reverberation. But like you said, I don't know where the problem happens. It's not like the difference between a Mini and its host. But when I'm using the headphones I mute the normal audio. With sound effects enabled they are quite loud with headphones also.