What is the future of pyTivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Karmavore, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My thread topic pretty much gets across what I want to know. What is the future of pyTivo?

I'll add that I think this is one helluva application. It lives behind the scenes; it works; it allows me to configure it, and not the other way around. (I'm looking at you, TiVo Desktop.)

Anyway, I thought it had been awhile so I went to see if well-respected coders had some updates for me, and I found none. The pyTiVo website reminded me of Odgenville in Marge vs. the Monorail.

What's up? Is there a better alternative? Can I not count on pyTiVo working in the future? Am I stuck with the known bugs? Is my best option to try to enhance it myself?

Please, let me know what you think. Thanks in advance,

Brad

2. noseph

noseph New Member

Oct 13, 2003
    MA
    wgw's fork was last update on 10/11/08 and wmcbrine's fork was last updated on 08/20/2008.

What version are you running and what "known bugs" are you stuck with?

3. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    they have been working on streaming video to TiVo apps,
    wmcbrine has been posting in some other threads about that aspect.

4. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    The website doesn't get a lot of updates, but lots of discussion takes place at pytivo.krkeegan.com, and as already mentioned, the project is being actively worked on by several people. The code can be found at http://repo.or.cz/w/pyTivo.git. If you look near the bottom of the page, the forks there are more up-to-date then the main trunk. If you aren't sure what's what, and can't find an answer on the website, check the forums at pytivo.krekeegan.com and post there if you still need help.

Also, the website is a wiki, and if you know of a page that needs updating or changing, you can edit it to fix the bad info. For example, here's a page I added recently, that was also edited by someone else: http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/Push.