What is on each Tuner

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by waynomo, Sep 14, 2020.

1. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...

Advertisements

I'm a new Edge/Hydra user. How do I show what's playing on each tuner?

With TE3 I could press the Info button and use the down arrow and it would show what each tuner was tuned to or the status if used by a mini, etc.

How do I show what's playing on each tuner?

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Right arrow will bring squares on the right with each tuner listed

waynomo, terpfan1980 and Noelmel like this.
  3. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    waynomo and Noelmel like this.
  4. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    I hit the right arrow key the other day and discovered the functionality that is mentioned above. I hadn't seen it before and wasn't aware of it but am loving that it is available and have since been making heavy use of same.

My one suggestion related to same is that it would be awesome if you could see which of those tuners is being used for which Mini's that may have those programs running. If I could tell that it would be a really nice addition. (It doesn't happen that often, but there are times when I have all of the tuners in use and spousal unit wants to watch something else live, only to find she can't because there are no tuners available. Of course she then is ignoring that at least one of the things being recorded is something that she would otherwise have wanted to see :p)

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

It's not as nice as I want, but the Mini using the tuner will have its TSN displayed. No program data however.

6. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Note that up arrow gives you a mini, thumbnail based "live guide" which is functionally very similar to the old TE3 live guide. Rather than a vertical listing of upcoming programs on the selected channel, you get a horizontal one.

Noelmel likes this.
  7. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    OMG. That's pretty bad. Before it showed all the tuners on a line. Now you get 2 tuners at a time a big image which adds nothing. (Okay, it looks nice, but it doesn't add anything to my experience) Ouch.

(Better than nothing I guess.)

Noelmel likes this.
  8. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I had looked that over before, but missed this detail. I guess I'll review it a bit more carefully. :)

9. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    That sucks. Last time I used it a couple of years ago, it showed all of them. Wonder why they changed it.

10. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    The new "spiffy" interface.

I think the idea is to update the experience and I think that includes lots of pictures. I take it more as dumbing down the experience

11. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    To be clear, I'm talking about 2 year old Hydra versus now Hydra, not TE3 versus TE4. I got used to the pretty pictures during the beta. That's not a big deal to me considering that's how every other modern video platform works these days.

I didn't think they had made any significant changes to Hydra lately besides Tivo+ and ads.

12. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Guide updates 3x daily. That's nice.

Noelmel likes this.