What is Devices->My Share?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by email68, Dec 10, 2014.

1. email68

email68 New Member

Dec 8, 2014

Advertisements

I just hooked up my Roamio Pro and noticed a menu under My Shows called Devices. It has listed My Share.

When I click on My Share it says, "The My Share PC's Now Playing List could not be displayed because it is unavailable ....

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything.

What is this referring to?

Thanks

-Tim

2. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    This is where other TiVo's and PC's running TiVo desktop can be found. If the pc playlist isn't available is it a laptop, notebook or just not always on?

3. email68

email68 New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    That's what I was thinking it might be.

I have all my DVD's ripped to video_ts files. Would I be able to share the folder with the DVD rips and access them via the tivo? If so, how would I do it?

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Check out the home media features forum. Look into tivo desktop, pytivo, and kmttg.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

There is a DVD plug-in for pyTiVo that allows you to transfer titles from a DVD to a TiVo. Not sure how it handles subtitles though. You need to be careful with DVDs because some use forced subtitles when someone is speaking a foreign language. So pyTiVo would need to recode the video and overlay those subtitles (not sure if it does that) because TiVo does not support DVD subtitles.

6. email68

email68 New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Thanks. I'll check out pyTivo and the DVD plug in.