What is a Tivo To GO equivalent?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ddagolfr, Jan 24, 2006.

1. ddagolfr

ddagolfr New Member

Feb 14, 2004
    I was all excited about Tivo to Go UNTIL I found that it will not work with DirecTv with Tivo receivers. I have a Hughes 35 hour unit and would like to network it with my computer so that I can record programs to DVD. I foresee no problems with installing a network card (either wired or wireless), and my computer already has sufficient computing power (Athlon 2600), memory (1.5 gig) and storage (350 gig), as well as
    an NVidea 6800 video card and X-Fi sound card. Would my best bet be to buy a separate DirecTv receiver and a new Tivo Series 2 so that I could make use of the Tivo to Go software? One other thing-I will be upgrading my motherboard and cpu to an Athlon 64x2 on an Asus motherboard in the near futudre, and also likely upgrading Windows as well to a 64 bit version.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Using a stand alone Tivo would be the easiest way. It is not impossible to do it with a DirecTivo but the extraction process is not covered, or allowed, on this site.

Alternatively, you could buy a DVD recorder and record your programs that way.

3. Rob00GT

Rob00GT This space for rent.

Mar 10, 2003
    D/FW...
    Good luck finding Tivo applications that are Windows x64 compatible. :eek:

Do some reading in the Tivo Underground forum on this site and learn how to hack your box. You'll find the info very useful.

4. eversio11

eversio11 New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Will the future DirecTvToGo support what you want?

5. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    not on Tivo based Directv DVR's