What HDMI/DVI cables come with the HR10-250

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Gweeto, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Gweeto

Gweeto New Member

Jul 28, 2006

Advertisements

I am having my HR10-250 installed today. What HDMI or HDMI to DVI cables come with it. I want to make sure the installer gives me the cables that came with it.

Thanks in advance.

2. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    You get both: HDMI-to-HDMI and HDMI-to-DVI, along with component. I don't remember if it also included S-video.

3. lynesjc

lynesjc New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Simpsonville...
    If I recall you get an hdmi-hdmi, a hdmi-dvi, and component. They're all pretty short though and the component ones were very thin.

I think technically the only other one you'll need is a fiber optic. Assuming you have an AVR of course.

4. Gweeto

Gweeto New Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Thanks a bunch for the fast responses.

5. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...

Advertisements

P.S. The quality of the supplied cables is fine. Don't spend big bucks on "designer" cables. If you need longer cables, post back for good sources.

6. jjn

jjn New Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Boulder...
  7. lynesjc

lynesjc New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Simpsonville...
    I second Monoprice if you need longer lengths. Great prices and I've not had any problems with their quality.

8. sschwart

sschwart It sucks to be me

Apr 4, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    I placed an order with Monoprice a long time ago and have never received it. Huh... I should probably follow up on that.

Make sure your installer leaves you with your hdmi-hdmi and hdmi-dvi cables. I had to fight with mine because they claimed it didn't. I wound up having to get DirecTV involved before they finally gave me the cables. (The manual says they're included. Page 9.)

9. gio1269

gio1269 "HR20 Army"

Jul 27, 2006
    for $75 shipped on Ebay. The picture is a little better than stock Tivo cable, but the audio is much, much better. $75 better, I think so.

The cable is $125+ in BB or CC and THAT is not worth IMO.

http://stores.ebay.com/AuctionCruncher-Store

10. tazzmission

tazzmission Active Member

Oct 15, 2002
    North...
    Monster cables are over-rated and expensive. In the digital age, most any HDMI/DVI cable will do.

With very long runs however, you will want a better cable.

I recommend bluejeanscable. I only buy from them. Great prices on great quality cables.

11. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    P.T. Barnum was right. Sounds lke the placebo effect is alive and well, which is just what Monster is counting on.

Cabling quality can have absolutely zero effect on the end audio or video quality of digital signals. Zero.

As for component or other analog signals, in a typical consumer environment any properly-constructed cable 12 ft long or less, even the cheap ones, will not give a result noticeably any worse than signals transported through any magical $125 cable.

So, a $75 bargain bought you nothing more than a false perception. But if you are convinced by a false perception that the end quality of the audio or video is better , maybe it's still worth the price. Thanks for helping to feed the economy.

12. tmdlkwd

tmdlkwd New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Those that do have this receiver...

What is the length of the h to h cable ?
    3ft or 6ft

Thanks

13. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    I'm pretty sure it is around 6'

14. cp1966

cp1966 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Minnesota
    I have a 50 foot HDMI cable from Monoprice, paid around $50 maybe.....thicker than a battery cable, heavy too. very good. Works great.

50 foot HDMI for that price is astonishing.

I also have some monster products. Yes, they are nice, but Im done buying their products cuz they are overpriced. Monoprice gets my business...

15. mikeny

mikeny New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    HDMI-HDMI and HDMI to DVI cables are 3 meters.

16. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    25' Phone Cord
    Power Cord
    HDMI-to-DVI Cable
    HDMI Cable
    Component Video Cable
    (red, blue, green)
    Phone Line Splitter
    S-Video Cable
    Composite

17. tedkunich

tedkunich New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Thanks for stating this much more politically correct that I was going to... If anyone argues this case, they obviously have no clue as to the difference in digital vs analog signals. THE ONLY affect that a cable can make on a digital signal is degradation in the form of biterrors caused by impedance mismatches or cross talk.

T

18. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    Almost 10 ft.

19. mikeny

mikeny New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    3.16 meters :)

20. gio1269

gio1269 "HR20 Army"

Jul 27, 2006
    LOL....Sure and what ever you feel. I know what you are saying and I use this all the time in both my businesses (fitness and Bikes) but I as well as others hear and see a slight differnce. Others did not know what was their. Maybe a little in my head, but I have good success with the quaily of thier cables. I will check out other generic brands in the future as I might get the same quality but at a cheaper price. I like the outer casing on the MC though...

Thanks and I will look into Monoprice. Anyone have a website on them?